A long, long time ago... In a 'Magic Kingdom'?!?!

Options
gse313
gse313 Posts: 252 Member
HOLY S**T George, Say it isn't so....

MouseVader.jpg

It seems The House of Mouse is warming up the sheets for a blanket deal with one Mr. George Lucas today. Lucasfilms Ltd., Lucas Arts, Skywalker Sound, and ILM are going to be Disney property as are the Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises!!

In a conference call to investors today, Disney stated their intent to release a new Star Wars film every 2 to 3 years with Episode 7 as soon as 2015. In the deal, it seems they are going to aquire extensive treatments for the next trilogy and Lucas will stay on as creative consultant for the new films.

For us Indiana Jones fans, don't get too excited... Paramount still own distribution rites, so I don't see THAT happening any time soon.

http://mobile.theverge.com/2012/10/30/3577656/disney-buys-lucasfilm-plans-to-release-star-wars-episode-7-in-2015

Replies

• Bianca1972
    Bianca1972 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    It's true.

My husband works for Technicolor and Disney is one of his vendors. His Disney rep forwarded him an email.

I'm not sure I'm upset about it -- Disney has done wonders with Marvel and hasn't done wrong by Pixar... And someone new - Kathleen Kennedy -- has been given the reigns for new Star Wars movies.

I'm going to embrace the Change & hope that it's good.
  • kilikinilei
    kilikinilei Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I love Disney and I Love Stars Wars. I think it will be a good combo. Three more Star Wars Movies...I will have to save up my pennies.

Just the other night I used the force on my cat. He was about to lick my toes (so gross!) so I waved my hand in front of his face and said "These are not the toes you are looking for...". It worked, he left, lol the force is strong within me. I think it is more the dark side though.
  • DrJanet98
    DrJanet98 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hmm, whatever else happens, I predict a new parody song by the great Luke Ski....check out what he did when Disney bought Marvel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzueL0-KfEA
  • amydee714
    amydee714 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Just the other night I used the force on my cat. He was about to lick my toes (so gross!) so I waved my hand in front of his face and said "These are not the toes you are looking for...". It worked, he left, lol the force is strong within me. I think it is more the dark side though.

I love this. I must begin my Jedi training to prevent toe lickage by my pups...
  • Cryssy27
    Cryssy27 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am kinda excited. I want to see what they do with Star Wars. I think it will be good. Waiting to see what they come up with.
  • DixieStarr76
    Options
    I'm a central FL girl, so The Mouse is everywhere. I guess I don't see the big deal. Lucas was never going to make 7-9. He was ticked by the crap he took when he made the last three. Disney has the power (and now, The Force...lol) to do this better than anyone. With the technology they just bought, it will be even more amazing. The bottom line is that Lucas still gets creative input, makes bank, AND we get to see our beloved story continue. My inner nerd is happy.
  • Katt1320
    Katt1320 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm cautiously excited about it. You know what? It's no secret that the Disney characters have a long history of dead parents. There are even some Illuminati whispers about it. Doesn't matter- the fact remains:

Snow White- Dead Mom
    Pinnocio: Spontanious Creation
    Dumbo: No dad
    Bambi: Dead Mom
    Cinderella: Dead birth mom AND Dead dad
    Sword in the Stone: Orphan
    Jungle Book: Orphan
    The Black Cauldron: I couldn't tell you because that movie still gives me the gorram creeps
    The Little Mermaid: No mom
    Beauty & The Beast: No mom
    Aladdin: Dead mom
    The Lion King: Dead dad
    Lilo & Stitch: ORPHANS!!!

You know what? Disney just couldn't handle Lucas Films possessing two of the most famous kids from the most famous broken home.

I think they just NEEDED to own it.
  • gse313
    gse313 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    They do have the financial resources to do it rite... and now the technical resources... I only hope that they DO do it rite.