Nerve Problem

Options
Anyone else have Nerve Problems in one of both of their legs? Like a sharp shooting pain!
I have it just in my left leg and it hurts so bad.
Any ideas on how to get it worked out?

Replies

• CloganPhoto
    Options
    I recommend seeing a chiropractor. I have a mild curve in my spine, and when I do not stretch out my back enough I get sciatic nerve pain in my right leg. I did not discover that the curve was there until I went to a ciro and he did an xray of my back.

Stretch daily. Stretching daily will help relieve the muscles around your nerves and might help prevent inflammation of the sciatic nerve or other nerves that may be irritated. Bend down from your waist and try to touch your toes. Hold for 30 seconds and repeat. Do NOT bounce when reaching down. Bouncing could tweak your muscles and cause the sciatic nerve to become irritated.

I try to remember to do this everyday, when I don't I pay for it later. It's worth a shot.

You also may want to be checked for Diabetes, and nerve pain is common with Dietetics.
  • melissa9005
    Options
    I have a burny, numb, shooting pain in my right outer thigh. It even wakes me up at night sometimes. A condition called meralgia paraesthetica could be causing it. It's a compressed nerve. I've noticed since I've gotten heavier it has gotten worse. Hopefully weight loss will make this go away!