LOW CALORIE SNACKS

Options
I need advise for low calorie snacks. I looked at the snacks I log and I am eating too many calories on snacks.

Replies

• nklunk
    nklunk Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I usually have apple with peanut butter, string cheese, grapes, raw carrots, raisins, boiled egg, or an orange. I try to make my snacks healthy but also taste good. Hope this helpls.
  • shoppingdiva2011
    shoppingdiva2011 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Thanks for ideas nklunk.
  • Annaminus20
    Options
    Any type of fruit (other than bananas) would work and also snack on nuts sometimes. No peanuts thought. Preferably the nuts are unsalted and unroasted. What I also used to do (last time I lost weight) is make oatmeal cake over the weekend and bring a piece everyday. The cake was made with oatmeal, eggs, dried fruit, cinnamon, coconut and walnut. Yummm
  • sed1217
    sed1217 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I like fruit or almonds for snacks. With nuts, you have to be careful about the calories, but just a very small quantity of almonds will fill me up well. 1/4 cup = 170 calories. I keep that in mind all the time!
  • texasokie
    texasokie Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I like the Fiber One 90 calorie bars. Not only are they a low calorie snack but also satisfy my sweet tooth :)
  • texasokie
    texasokie Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Oh yea, also fat free cottage cheese with sugar free peaches or pineapple is a really good, tasty snack.
  • funfactoryfacepainting
    Options
    instant oatmeal, fiber bars, protein shakes and bars, fruit, and sugar free pudding cups are my go to snacks.
  • Crookey21
    Crookey21 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    i would consider snacking a bad habit of mine cuz im always getting a bite here and a nibble there. i appreciate these snacking tips too!