i want candy....

Options
DebraYvonne
DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
arghhhh. I think I need to go eat lunch = )

Replies

• hotmambaj
    Options
    Today is the hardest to resist candy...:(
  • danielleinict
    danielleinict Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    We have a carb and sugar potluck going on at work. Sugar is my weakness. I think I'll go walk around the building every time I go for a piece of candy.
  • shrooki
    shrooki Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    AHHH

I'm allowing myself one piece of fun size goodness IF I do a long jog.

until then... it's all about the 1 cup/100 calorie cherrios!
  • robynn412
    robynn412 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I told my 5 yr old there's a candy creature who comes on Halloween night, and if you leave your candy for him to take, he'll leave a toy (like the tooth fairy). But she can choose 20 of her favorites to keep, 1 per night.

Is that mean of me? She's actually excited about it. I just don't want any of it in the house, such a HUGE temptation. I'll do anything to succeed here!
  • shrooki
    shrooki Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I told my 5 yr old there's a candy creature who comes on Halloween night, and if you leave your candy for him to take, he'll leave a toy (like the tooth fairy). But she can choose 20 of her favorites to keep, 1 per night.

Is that mean of me? She's actually excited about it. I just don't want any of it in the house, such a HUGE temptation. I'll do anything to succeed here!

lol! That's awesome!
  • ndblades
    ndblades Posts: 233 Member
    Options

We have a local dentist that will put your name in for a drawing for a whole list of prizes,, including ipod touches, nintendos, etc. You just bring your candy into her after Halloween and your name goes in---- my 10 year old said, lets just bring in some of our candy - she'll never know!

We had a potluck at work today -- I did ok - only one trip through and took small portions, will have to lessen my afternoon snack and supper now, or hoping to burn some of it off walking the kiddo's around town!

I am enforcing the "drink a glass of ice water and wait 5 minutes before reaching for the candy dish" rule today. .. .helps!
  • speedys
    speedys Posts: 13 Member
    Options

Brilliant, I love it!
  • kmraymond
    Options
    Thats great! I might use that on my 4 y/o.. He bounces off the walls as is.. so he doesn't need the extra sugar.. and I can NEVER keep myself in check with that kinda stuff around. I tell myself I'll only have once piece, but then its usually down hill from there. I'll have to see what he thinks about that. :)
  • Mrsmartin61
    Options
    When you want! Whether it's candy or new clothes, etc. My WANT to get in the best shape I can be far exceeds the temporary Fix of that (monster) candy!

We have to fix our needs (wants) within reasonable capability of our desires! In other words what do you want MORE!

Of course, I am preaching to me this morning . . . I let a. "want" temporarily set me back to AGAIN having to lose those hideous fifteen pounds! I resolve to stop this yo-yo mentality with moderation when it comes to those delicious desserts!

Best to each of you in your endeavor to get where you want!

drinker: I gonna enjoy my fresh brewed coffee with less of the sweet fat laden creamer!