Thursday's Challenge...only for those with will-power!

Options

Replies

• CBaumgardner7
    CBaumgardner7 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Our Trick/Treating night is tonight and I'm hoping with enough willpower I don't find myself helping my sweet tooth to some!
  • Jewlz411
    Jewlz411 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I got up this morning & did streching & a sit up workout this morning before my shower. Then I made sure to pack some good for me snacks (found an individual bag of pistachios in the pantry to bring, along with a pear, apple & cut up the pineapple so I could bring some today) also, made sure I had some sugarfree gum in my purse; it really helps when I have the munchies!
  • Frogger0828
    Options
    Great job, everyone! Fortunately, sweets aren't a huge temptation for me. 1) We don't have kids so no bags of trick or treat candy are laying around; 2) We live in a condo building with no trick or treating aged kids, so we didn't have to buy any candy; and 3) I'm more of a salty/savory person (french fries...yummmmmm).

I do want to get in on the challenge, though, and share my healthy snack. It's something that may be good for you sweet-toothed people, too! ALMONDS! I buy two kinds in the bulk section of the grocery store (much cheaper than prepackaged...and you can just measure out what you need). 1) plain, unsalted roasted almonds AND 2) dark chocolate covered almonds. I buy them in a 3:1 ratio, or as close to it as I can estimate. When I get home I mix them together and measure out my portion sizes. Like any nut, the calories are certainly up there, but they're loaded with great micronutrients and and the best kind of fat (which you do actually need to lose weight). With just a little bit of dark chocolate mixed in, it will satisfy sweet cravings.

They're also VERY easy to portion out into little snack baggies to keep in the car, in the gym bag, in your purse, at your desk, wherever! By the way, since nuts are higher in calories, I do recommend measuring out your portion size (1/4 cup) to prevent yourself from mindlessly eating the whole container. When you eat them, especially the dark chocolate ones, really savor each one!

Again, great job everyone. Stay strong!!
  • Crookey21
    Crookey21 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    i spit out the piece of candy in my mouth as soon as i read this post. :D
  • Frogger0828
    Options
    i spit out the piece of candy in my mouth as soon as i read this post. :D

Haha - that made me laugh out loud.
  • texasokie
    texasokie Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Have done great today...no candy! Started the day off with a protein shake made with fat free milk and frozen sugar free berries blended in. For my sweet tooth this afternoon I had 2 fat free fig newton cookies. I'm going to make this a week long challenge for myself because I feel like I personally need it.
  • mcfadyenxxx
    mcfadyenxxx Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I succeeded ! No candy ate! My friend usually comes over on a Thursday night and we eat a load of rubbish, but tonight I served us grapes. yay!
  • emailcrystalo
    emailcrystalo Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Success here! My oldest kept trying to give me snickers and nerds....he'd say to me, "Mom! I know their your favorite!!" Ha!
  • arsonsmom
    arsonsmom Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm a teacher it was tough had three snacks... I will be better about it tomm....Uhhh the kids always bring me candy!!
  • dkmsindependent
    dkmsindependent Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    So today was another great day :)
    I get another sticker... that makes TWO for the week so far!

I went to Trader Joes and was going to get some candy because I earned a lot of calories from working out today.
    While in the store though, I remembered today's challenge. So instead, I opted for the 100% apricot fruit leather.
    It was delicious! And I didn't jeopardize what I have done today.
    I can have candy anytime I want. I can also choose not to have it anytime I want.
  • chaNyn613
    chaNyn613 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Your rough day is over- glad you are staying with the challenge.
  • chaNyn613
    chaNyn613 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm in my witching hour-- the candy is calling my name but reading everyone's posts is helping to keep me strong. I am trying to remember I have a training session tomorrow but that does NOT justify eating the candy. Think I will brush my teeth, layout my workout clothes and go to bed. Another day complete! night y'all.
  • Cindib13
    Cindib13 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I did it! Thanks to this challenge. I didn't want to post a confession so I stay strong at work and home surrounded by candy. Thanks again for this group.
  • Pammy820
    Pammy820 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I didnt do well with the eating today....calorie wise that is. I under ate due to a horrible toothache today!! Hoping it will be better tomorrow!!
  • petitegreek
    petitegreek Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I failed :( I had one pack of fun size M&Ms.
  • MoonGypsyQ67
    MoonGypsyQ67 Posts: 121 Member
    Options

I do want to get in on the challenge, though, and share my healthy snack. It's something that may be good for you sweet-toothed people, too! ALMONDS! I buy two kinds in the bulk section of the grocery store (much cheaper than prepackaged...and you can just measure out what you need). 1) plain, unsalted roasted almonds AND 2) dark chocolate covered almonds. I buy them in a 3:1 ratio, or as close to it as I can estimate. When I get home I mix them together and measure out my portion sizes.

Thanks so much for the idea! I actually do snack on almonds, but I love the idea of mixing some of the ones with the dark chocolate ones. You have just kicked up my healthy snack a notch. Thanks again!!!!
  • MoonGypsyQ67
    MoonGypsyQ67 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Thanks again for the challenge. I made it through the whole day without cheating. It was a little tougher when I was at home and my daughter was snacking on her Halloween goodies!!!!!
  • lizziej78
    lizziej78 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Went the entire day without a single piece of halloween candy!!!!
  • lizziej78
    Options
  • lizziej78
    Options

I do want to get in on the challenge, though, and share my healthy snack. It's something that may be good for you sweet-toothed people, too! ALMONDS! I buy two kinds in the bulk section of the grocery store (much cheaper than prepackaged...and you can just measure out what you need). 1) plain, unsalted roasted almonds AND 2) dark chocolate covered almonds. I buy them in a 3:1 ratio, or as close to it as I can estimate. When I get home I mix them together and measure out my portion sizes.

Thanks so much for the idea! I actually do snack on almonds, but I love the idea of mixing some of the ones with the dark chocolate ones. You have just kicked up my healthy snack a notch. Thanks again!!!!