#1 eating secret you'd like every woman to know?

Options
AliceNov2011
AliceNov2011 Posts: 471 Member
If you don't want to be tempted by it, don't buy it, don't drive thru it, don't serve it, don't order it, don't bring it into the house.

Replies

• lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Could not agree more!
  • fishbarn
    fishbarn Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    How very true.
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    All of the above! I found that out last week when i bought my grandsons Halloween candy. Couldn't wait till he came today so i could finally get it out of my house!
  • laarae
    laarae Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    If you "fall off" don't let it stop you, just get back up there and keep going. No one is perfect-nor are we trying to be "biggest looser":wink:
  • Snoopaloop63
    Snoopaloop63 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Nothing tastes as good as being fit feels
  • amydee714
    amydee714 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Nothing tastes as good as being fit feels

^^this^^
  • curliegirl
    Options
    When hit with an incredible craving I go get out "that" size I am trying to get back in to. I keep a pair of jeans on my dresser where I can see it and get to it when I'm wanting ______.
  • Dianemustang
    Options
    use a smaller plate and plan!
  • DMW914
    DMW914 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Good supplements such as Probiotics and a multi-vitaimin w/minerals specific to women health needs will also help you shed it or maintain it but keep you optimal & at your best.
  • Merrinoel
    Merrinoel Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Amen to the supplements----keeps us at our optimal health so we can get on with the losing of the fat!

Also, protein, protein! I didnt used to consider it much, but now one of my daily goals is minimum 90 gms/day. Keeps me filled up which is how eating 1200-1500 cals/day finally became DOABLE!
  • momof3kiddos34
    Options
    Be ok with going SLOWLY! For TWO YEARS I tried to lose all 20 pounds in a month. I would lose and them immediately gain it back. Yo-yo!! This time, I'm going with a pound a week. And it's staying off!!
  • right2b
    right2b Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I agree. I do have all kinds of "goodies" in the house for my husband, tho. How do you maintain your discipline when someone is mowing down a brownie in one hand a chocolate milk in the other??? I balance it out with no starches at dinner for him. That way I have plenty of veggies and protein and the cravings for sweets are curbed- for both of us. I have lots of dried fruit a as quick snacks for me, too. I have found that Cranraisins are my best go-to when I get a sweet craving. :laugh:
  • Larisonlj
    Larisonlj Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    You don't have to starve to lose weight and get healthy and fit.
  • judykmmg
    judykmmg Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    When you look in the mirror and see no change, and still keep faith, knowing that in time you will get there if you stay focused and on track, that's the difference between those who succeed and those who fail. (Facebook.com/gymmotivation)
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to be tempted by it, don't buy it, don't drive thru it, don't serve it, don't order it, don't bring it into the house.

Wow....so very true!!!
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Eat colorful food. Run from white stuff!
  • trixiemou
    trixiemou Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    If there is a party or event you want to go to GO and ENJOY. We have to allow out treats that is what we are working for and we are working hard at this. We can always try to 'save' a few calories leading up to it, we can even do more exercise to build up a little reserve. That way its not such a shock on the day. But we really should be able to enjoy.......
  • Redladystl
    Redladystl Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Throw away ALL the "BOGO FREE" fast food coupons. Today though I was putting them in trick or treat bags. LOL!
  • Aussielooser
    Aussielooser Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I think mine would have to be water, water and more water- I do this for my cravings but don't have them as bad as I use to. I only have them on the odd occasion. But I must admit I have days where I feel like my river is about to burst at the banks as I drink so much of it..lol. I was never a water drinker until I was diagnosed type 2 diabetes in July of this year.
  • Jacquis59
    Options
    LOL, Smokey. I always drank water, but after I was diagnosed, it became my only beverage other than my morning coffee. I know what you mean about feeling like the river is going to burst sometimes, hahahaha. I drink over a gallon every day. It does help keep me full though.

My one weakness is that I like to have something to chew on and gum doesn't really do it for me. I've taken to bringing cucumbers and carrots to work so I have a snack that won't throw my day totally out of whack and that helps some. I don't know what the deal is and it drives me crazy sometimes.