November Challenge - Me vs. The Binge

Options

Replies

• ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Just got to be honest... I slipped again this morning so my count from earlier isn't true anymore....

Me vs "The Binge" November stats:
    Me: 17
    The Binge: 10 (11/1, 11/2, 11/16, 11/17, 11/19, 11/20, 11/24, 11/25,11/26, 11/27 )

I've had too many binge days in a row. I can't keep doing this. I am getting ashamed and my mind was already wrestling with whether or not I should be honest and write it down on here. I took my count off my page... I'm just going to aim to not binge the next few days of this month -- and have a clean slate in December. I want this month to be over right now...

xx
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    "Each day we are born again. What we do today is what matters most" -Buddha
    I am feeling strong today, I hope all of you are too! I plan to carry this strength for the rest of the week (and forever :smile: ). P.S. I'm not so religious, but I respect Buddha's ideology ; )
  • Jul158
    Options
    Just got to be honest... I slipped again this morning so my count from earlier isn't true anymore....

The Binge: 10 (11/1, 11/2, 11/16, 11/17, 11/19, 11/20, 11/24, 11/25,11/26, 11/27 )

I've had too many binge days in a row. I can't keep doing this. I am getting ashamed and my mind was already wrestling with whether or not I should be honest and write it down on here. I took my count off my page... I'm just going to aim to not binge the next few days of this month -- and have a clean slate in December. I want this month to be over right now...

xx

It's so hard to get out of the rut! I have to plan everything down exactly to get it right...I tend to do better once I have at least ONE healthy day to model after. My thoughts would be to get rid of anything causing the binges entirely (PB for me!!) and plan some healthy, but delicious, meals to looks forward to. For me, that's yogurt & fruit and vegetarian chili with some kale sneaked in. Focus on changing your mindset this afternoon, you can do it! I tend to throw the whole day away, but I know that's hurting me so much more. Plan out tomorrow, too : ) We can do this!
  • totalhealth12
    totalhealth12 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Nov 27

Lisa -- 16
    Binge -- 11

Successful day.
  • Jul158
    Options
    11-27-12
    Me-18
    Binge - 9 (11/1, 11/4, 11/8, 11/9, 11/11, 11/17, 11/20, 11/23, 11/25)

Under-ate.
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    T, Nov. 27

beatrix: 11
    The Binge: 16

(That multi-day binge has finally stopped...or rather, I stopped that multi-day binge today. :) )
  • anorangie
    Options

xx

I'm so glad you decided to write down your numbers, Icey. You are doing this for you, and no one here is judging you at all. Try not to judge yourself harshly, too. I think it's great that you want to finish out the challenge this month.

Perhaps some of you have already seen this, but Icey posted a wonderful blog post today called "For December - Reasons NOT to Binge." (I hope you don't mind my posting the link, Icey)--
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/IceyRain/view/for-december-reasons-not-to-binge-450517

When I read through the list, I found myself agreeing to each and every reason. I was also able to think about a few of the reasons in a new way, a way that really encourages me not to binge.

As a matter of fact, at the end of the day today I thought I would go get a sugary binge food because 1) I was tired and therefore "weak" and 2) I have been eating binge foods for several days in a row now. But I thought back over Icey's list and remembered that I want to care for my body (so if I'm tired, rest...not eat), and if I can say "I might as well" binge I can just easily say "I might as well not" binge. So a list of reasons does have a practical application; I can refer to it when I am tempted to prevent or slow down a binge.

For homework, I think I will make my own personal list, too. But Icey, I still want to borrow from yours as well. It rocks. :happy:
  • eschorre
    eschorre Posts: 185 Member
    Options

xx

I'm so glad you decided to write down your numbers, Icey. You are doing this for you, and no one here is judging you at all. Try not to judge yourself harshly, too. I think it's great that you want to finish out the challenge this month.

Perhaps some of you have already seen this, but Icey posted a wonderful blog post today called "For December - Reasons NOT to Binge." (I hope you don't mind my posting the link, Icey)--
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/IceyRain/view/for-december-reasons-not-to-binge-450517

When I read through the list, I found myself agreeing to each and every reason. I was also able to think about a few of the reasons in a new way, a way that really encourages me not to binge.

As a matter of fact, at the end of the day today I thought I would go get a sugary binge food because 1) I was tired and therefore "weak" and 2) I have been eating binge foods for several days in a row now. But I thought back over Icey's list and remembered that I want to care for my body (so if I'm tired, rest...not eat), and if I can say "I might as well" binge I can just easily say "I might as well not" binge. So a list of reasons does have a practical application; I can refer to it when I am tempted to prevent or slow down a binge.

For homework, I think I will make my own personal list, too. But Icey, I still want to borrow from yours as well. It rocks. :happy:

Yes, this is a wonderful list!!! I am going to write down my own in a binder--think I will be using some of your IceyRain if that is alright. Thinking I need to get a small journal and start writing out things I am grateful for daily. I had a small binge yesterday afternoon but it was fueled from me feeling out of control waiting around for a phone call with some either good or bad news. The call hasn't come yet and I refuse to wait around today and get in the binge mindset. I have so much to be grateful for but sometimes life seems so overwhelming!!!
  • ObtainingBalance
    Options

xx

Aww.. that made me smile. I'm so glad it helped someone avoid a binge! Thanks for posting the link here. =)
  • ObtainingBalance
    Options

xx

Yes, this is a wonderful list!!! I am going to write down my own in a binder--think I will be using some of your IceyRain if that is alright. Thinking I need to get a small journal and start writing out things I am grateful for daily. I had a small binge yesterday afternoon but it was fueled from me feeling out of control waiting around for a phone call with some either good or bad news. The call hasn't come yet and I refuse to wait around today and get in the binge mindset. I have so much to be grateful for but sometimes life seems so overwhelming!!!

Of course it's alright.

I think it's a good idea for anyone, the list is helping me right now -- I don't want to binge today
  • wilmawm
    wilmawm Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Mo--27
    The Binge--0

Still taking it a day at a time!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    November 2012

Diane: 17
    The Binge: 10
  • greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Me - 16
    The Binge - 11 (11/2, 11/5, 11/7, 11/9, 11/10, 11/12, 11/15, 11/16, 11/20, 11/21, 11/22)
    Did not log - 11/16, 11/20, 11/21, 11/22

Didn't have time to check in yesterday but I'm still binge-free since Friday. It's amazing to me how much better I feel when I have a few non-binge days, both physically and mentally.

Thank you for your support!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    Happy Hump Day!! I see you all have been chatting up a storm. This is a very busy time for me at work so I did not have time to catch up with you all. Will try to catch up over the weekend!

November 2012:

Be mindful of real hunger by asking "Am I really hungry?" before eating.

Mollie - 18
    The Binge - 9 (1, 2,4, 6, 10, 11, 18, 21, 22)

Did not log it all - 3 (Less than 6 days)
  • ObtainingBalance
    Options
    The Binge: 10

Me: 18

I did not binge today ~ I feel great.
  • anorangie
    Options
    W, Nov. 28

beatrix: 12
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    As of 11/28

Suzanne: 23
    Binge: 5
  • totalhealth12
    totalhealth12 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Nov 28

Lisa -- 16
    Binge -- 12

Bad evening. :angry: Next month has got to be better!!!
  • anorangie
    Options
    W, Nov. 28

beatrix: 12

I spoke too soon.

W, Nov. 28

beatrix: 11
    The Binge: 17
  • Jul158
    Options
    11-28-12
    Me-19
    Binge - 9 (11/1, 11/4, 11/8, 11/9, 11/11, 11/17, 11/20, 11/23, 11/25)

I feel proud today that I can put binge free : ) today will be another good day!