too good looking?

Options
2»

Replies

• Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    Or even spelled out all the words .. lol

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: This made me chuckle!!

:heart:

I know right! Good lord .. try a little man! lol
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options

We may not see eye to eye on this Mike, cos we never do!! :laugh: But just from a male perspective, if you're dating someone for 4 months, still in the swoony, lustful, honeymoon period of a relationship, don't you think you would miss them if you were apart for a week?? I certainly would............

From my experience, that swoony honeymoon period is long gone by the forth month!
  • Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Honestly I think the girl was doing the nicest possible version of "it's me....not you".
    Blaming it on his looks not only compliments him, but is her ticket to freedom, as it isn't something he can change. I am willing to bet there is something else going on, she isn't into the relationship anymore and this seems like the easiest excuse.

The alternate is she's just really insecure.

Not sure I believe in "leagues" per se, but most couples seem to be generally around the same level of attractiveness. When there is a "mismatch", it is always (in my experience) a beautiful woman with an average man...and no...money is not always the factor.

Not sure what "league" I would be in..but did have someone recently tell me he would never normally approach someone like me and asked "are you one of those girls who doesn't know how hot she is?"
    Um yes? I'm too busy falling over 'cause you called me hot and consider me more attractive than yourself?
    Even if it was just a line...it has never happened before..and totally worked by the way. Lol. Flattered immensely!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options

We may not see eye to eye on this Mike, cos we never do!! :laugh: But just from a male perspective, if you're dating someone for 4 months, still in the swoony, lustful, honeymoon period of a relationship, don't you think you would miss them if you were apart for a week?? I certainly would............

From my experience, that swoony honeymoon period is long gone by the forth month!

Awwww, I'm sorry to hear that :flowerforyou:
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Meh. Looks are kind of just the bait on the hook anyways. Don't get me wrong, I know we're all here to try to look better, but... if you don't have substance under the surface, all those good looks won't mean diddly.

:love: I would totally hit on you for saying this, but wearing a Yankees shirt is the wrong kind of 'substance' IMO since I'm a Red Sox girl. :tongue:
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

If it's gone in less than 4 months, you're dating the wrong people, or you get bored very easily.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options

If it's gone in less than 4 months, you're dating the wrong people, or you get bored very easily.

Depends... some people have different ideas of what makes up the "honeymoon" phase. Is it over the first time you pee with the door open? The first time one of you wears sweatpants? When you stop wanting to have sex?

This could be a whole new topic, hahaha!
  • disneywm76
    disneywm76 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Meh. Looks are kind of just the bait on the hook anyways. Don't get me wrong, I know we're all here to try to look better, but... if you don't have substance under the surface, all those good looks won't mean diddly.

:love: I would totally hit on you for saying this, but wearing a Yankees shirt is the wrong kind of 'substance' IMO since I'm a Red Sox girl. :tongue:

I like the Yankees.......just sayin. :wink:
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I'm with Mike... My honeymoon stages are gone by 4th month. Hmmm.

And I do get bored easily.

It's sad that she felt this way. I had the fear of the other shoe dropping in a past relationship. It brought nothing but anxiety and stress!!! So I can relate to her. Just sad that our fears can rule us in that way.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    My favorite advice columnist, Dear Prudence, published a letter from a man. You can read the whole thing here: http://www.slate.com/articles/life/dear_prudence/2012/11/dear_prudence_am_i_too_good_looking_for_my_girlfriend.html

He claims his girlfriend dumped him because he is too good-looking, and that she fears that he will find someone better looking or cheat on her.

Do you think this happens in real life? Or do you think in this situation, it is just an excuse the woman made because she didn't want to tell him the real reason?

Happens to me all the time! Every time I get dumped. . it's for this very reason.. .Sure. .they say it's because I'm too clingy. . or that I smell bad. .or that they don't like the way I fart in church then point at them. . but I KNOW it's just because I'm too damn hot. . bi*ches!
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    they don't like the way I fart in church then point at them. . but I KNOW it's just because I'm too damn hot. . bi*ches!

rofl.gif
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    I am still amazed that no one else read more into her time in the Caribbean. That line had alarm bells ringing for me.
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I am still amazed that no one else read more into her time in the Caribbean. That line had alarm bells ringing for me.

My take on the Caribbean trip is this. The girlfriend probably mentioned to her friends that things weren't working out with the boyfriend. Then, one friend chimed in and said "break it off", another friend agreed, and another friend agreed. This led to her being pushed over the fence in her decision to break up with him.

My personal experience with women is this. Many have a "pile on" or "herd" type of mentality. A lot of men have it too, but I constantly see it with women. I've witnessed it among my friends, my family (mom and sister), and on here. Once one women agrees with another, the rest of her pack join right in. This is one of the reasons why when women go against the grain, it's rare and a shock (and even historical!), look at Rosa Parks and Aung San Suu Kyi.

OK, maybe I'm being a bit dramatic.. but David, that's my take on what happened in the Caribbean.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options

My take on the Caribbean trip is this. The girlfriend probably mentioned to her friends that things weren't working out with the boyfriend. Then, one friend chimed in and said "break it off", another friend agreed, and another friend agreed. This led to her being pushed over the fence in her decision to break up with him.

My personal experience with women is this. Many have a "pile on" or "herd" type of mentality. A lot of men have it too, but I constantly see it with women. I've witnessed it among my friends, my family (mom and sister), and on here. Once one women agrees with another, the rest of her pack join right in. This is one of the reasons why when women go against the grain, it's rare and a shock (and even historical!), look at Rosa Parks and Aung San Suu Kyi.

OK, maybe I'm being a bit dramatic.. but David, that's my take on what happened in the Caribbean.

That makes a lot of sense. That's a very Occam's Razor type interpretation. Remember that the simplest explanation is usually the correct explanation.

When I read the Caribbean line, I was thinking that she met a guy down there that stirred up some emotions and made her re-assess where things stood with the guy at home. A new environment, time away from the stresses of work, sunshine, alcohol and tanned, mostly naked males have a way of changing a perspective for a woman.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I had a relationship that I thought wasn't very serious. He went away for 2 weeks and was like "I missed you so much!" And I was like "I didn't miss you, so we should prob break up... I thought we were on the same page"

I think that's what happened and she just said too attractive to make it a compliment because he seems like a decent guy. Also, there's no evidence that he is flawed, they could just be incompatible. Although gorgeous and apparently thoughtful... Def send him my way!
  • FitnessPalWorks
    FitnessPalWorks Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I've been in a situation like this before and while it wasn't a "romantic" relationship, I actually had a guy tell me he didn't think I would ever talk to him because I was so "hot"..... ?????

We became friends after meeting at a local bar and chit chatted for over an hour and exchanged numbers because we had the same taste in music. He was funny and sarcastic - TOTALLY not my type - but I found him refreshing because he actually did not even try to hit on me at all. He was just polite. That's difficult to come by these days.

He didn't disclose about his fear of me not talking to him until months after we became friends.... after which we both laughed, but truth be told to this day he is one of my very best guy friends in the world and I'm glad he took the chance to talk to me. He still says to this day that he was just my "safe" sidekick, but we were total BFF's and went everywhere together for years.

He's been one of my most trusted friends I've had in my entire life..... and I wouldn't trade it for the world. :)
  • FitnessPalWorks
    FitnessPalWorks Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options

I read into that as well. I don't think the trip in of itself had anything to do with the breakup. I think she had probably made up her mind prior to the trip and her gal-pals probably provided the verbal validation she was looking for to make it happen....
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options

I read into that as well. I don't think the trip in of itself had anything to do with the breakup. I think she had probably made up her mind prior to the trip and her gal-pals probably provided the verbal validation she was looking for to make it happen....

I think so too.

I have the feeling the "too good looking" thing was an excuse. I could see why someone would feel like that, but I would never in my right mind tell the person, "you're too hot for me." It's not like your friends are going to say, "he's too hot for you, you should break up with him."

ETA - This really cute guy just winked at me on Match. First thought...he is either weird or too good to be true. So I completely see how people get like that. Problem is, I think this girl was lying to him.