Starting 5 Nov 2012

Options
Anyone just started or want to start with me? I'm a bit nervous, but I'm getting my kit together and geeing myself up! :D I did about 2 weeks of 30 day shred over a year ago, but had to stop for dodgy knees. I'm 35lbs lighter than I was then, so I'm hoping it'll be less jarring on my joints. I really enjoyed it when I was doing it; tough, but good!
I've got two children - 5 &3 - so the 30 minute thing is right up my alley. I'm an American living in the UK, so let me know if I slip into any Britishisms! lol I've been here for 8 years now, so they tend to slip in. I've been doing a similar online food diary since January and just feel I need a bit of a shakeup and lots of toning! And Jillian is the ultimate Kick *kitten* Queen!

Any takers?

Replies

• ACIMjoy
    Options
    Yes, I'm in! I'll be starting on Monday and would love to be part of this group. :)

Anyone else?

Thank You!
  • Pwrpuff83
    Options
    We may be a small group starting, ACIMjoy, but I look forward to getting my butt kicked with you! Let's keep each other motivated because I'm starting to brick it a bit! lol Exercise isn't naturally my thing, but I'm ever hopeful.
  • brookef81
    brookef81 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I am supposed to get mine by early next week, so I may be a few days behind you but I am in!
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you all. I'm just about to start week 3
  • Pwrpuff83
    Options
    A few days out is okay, Brooke! Really happy to have more in the group - I hope we call all provide support and encouragement for one another. You look great in your pic, btw!

Thanks, Jaz. How have you found the regime?
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    A few days out is okay, Brooke! Really happy to have more in the group - I hope we call all provide support and encouragement for one another. You look great in your pic, btw!

REALLY enjoying it bike just finished all my workouts 1and2 and going to do 3 tomorrow. I'm running though instead if doing the cardio workouts.

I've downloaded an agenda type calendar app on my phone and mark in my exercise when I've done it. It's great not seeing any gaps so far.
  • Pwrpuff83
    Options
    Sounds great, Jaz! I don't run (unless something big and scary is chasing me) so I'll be sticking with the cardio, but I don't have any plans to follow her meal plan. I'll just be doing my cal counting as ever. I'm not entirely sure what eating clean is...but I feel quite confident in that I'll be eating plenty dirty! lol
    You sound as if you're doing a really great job - so keep up your good example to us noobs! I want to achieve that same level of commitment - doing the program with no skips or gaps so I can feel proud of myself.
  • misalillstead
    misalillstead Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Hi Hi! :) I just started the other day... currently on day 3. lol. I love it!

Feel free to add me! :)
  • Pwrpuff83
    Options
    Okay - Day 1 down - whoo hoo! It felt good. How did everyone else get on?
  • sar586
    sar586 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am starting tonight after work!
  • brookef81
    brookef81 Posts: 286 Member
    Options

Thanks, I have gained four pounds since that pic, but...I am hoping to lose it with Jillian! I can't wait to get my DVDS!!!
  • Pwrpuff83
    Options
    I am starting tonight after work!

Good on you! Enjoy your workout!
  • Pwrpuff83
    Options

Thanks, I have gained four pounds since that pic, but...I am hoping to lose it with Jillian! I can't wait to get my DVDS!!!

Have you done any of her other dvds? I think it will be really enjoyable because we're not gonna be stuck doing one thing too long. Bit of interest and changing it up - I'm excited. I liked my workout today and she's so motivating! Are you expecting your dvds soon?
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    congrats on starting! i loved jmbr. one thing about the bad knees, i started taking glucosamine before i started because i was worried about my joints too and it totally helped, i didnt have any problems whatsoever with my joints with all the jumping and high impact. definitely look into taking that as a supplement! :) good luck
  • Mdantinne12
    Options
    I started today as well, i had started last week but had to take a few days off so I decided to start over today :)
  • Pwrpuff83
    Options
    congrats on starting! i loved jmbr. one thing about the bad knees, i started taking glucosamine before i started because i was worried about my joints too and it totally helped, i didnt have any problems whatsoever with my joints with all the jumping and high impact. definitely look into taking that as a supplement! :) good luck

Aww...thanks for that! I'll have to have a look for it. Have you finished or are you in the midst of jmbr?
  • Pwrpuff83
    Options
    I started today as well, i had started last week but had to take a few days off so I decided to start over today :)

Cool - let's kickbutt together!
  • ACIMjoy
    Options
    Days 1 & 2 down! I'm loving it. I've done p90x 4 times and these workouts feel so much more efficient. So glad to have this board for support and accountability. I'm looking forward to taking this journey with you...

Thank you for being here!
  • Mdantinne12
    Options
    Is anyone else going to take before and after pictures?
  • misalillstead
    misalillstead Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    How's everyone doing so far? :) Today is day 5 for me... feeling great so far! (maybe a little sore... lol) But still working hard!