Ladies, your best strategies?

Options
Desmonema
Desmonema Posts: 175 Member
Hi there! I was reading a lot these days again and stumbled across several articles and websites talking about how different paleo/primal diets work for women and I think they might have a point with this. So what I am interested in now: How did you have to 'tweak' your paleo diet and lifestyle to lose unwanted pounds and reap all the health benefits (increased energy, clear skin, good mood etc...) Did you eat more fat, less fat, more carbs, protein and so on... guess you know what I mean!
I'm curious what stories you all have!!!

Replies

• caribougal
    caribougal Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I pretty much follow Mark Sisson's primal blueprint. My personal "tweaks" are to let myself enjoy a square or 2 of really good, expensive dark chocolate every day or so. I try to stay primal when eating out, but I accept that I may be getting bad oils or soy in those meals.

At dinner, I load up on veggies, even if I'm not in the mood.

I try to make packing a lunch a priority. Always a few ounces of protein, usually an ounce of yummy cheese, and the rest veg. I love buying the tiny little one ounce samples of gourmet cheeses at Whole Foods.

I don't stress over calories/macros during the day. I sometimes log as I go, but often not until before bed. Then I see how things shook out, and I'm usually close to goal. If I go over or under, I don't stress.

I don't eat back exercise cals.

My weight loss has been slow but steady. I think I'm hitting a plateau now that I'm down to my last 5 lbs. Starting to think about how to change things up. I've started a 5k training program... we'll see how that changes things.

I will probably always stay primal, and not cut out dairy. I know exactly how much dairy I can tolerate, and I have no issues with the few ounces I consume daily.

I just started with an organic weekly delivery service from Mile High Organics (Colorado), and getting weekly meal suggestions from eMeals for Paleo. I think I'm going to love the food delivery, and end up canceling eMeals. I appreciate the plan, but it seems I'm not good at following the plan.

I read nomnompaleo.com every day. Any time I need an idea about how to cook something, I seem to find the answer on her blog or in her iPad app. Plus her kids are almost the same age as mine, so she feels like my soul sistah.

I read theclothesmakethegirl.com every day because Mel is cool.

I'm hooked on the Zombies, Run! 5k training program.