Perks to being paleo:

Options
Fairysoul
Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
I thought it would be fun to mention all the perks we experience when we eat paleo, no matter how silly. Here's mine: The dishes seem easier to clean without all the sauces and cheeses crusting them up. Really silly I know but I noticed that there aren't as many crumbs and junk on the floor from the kids either. You know around the table :)

Replies

• caribougal
    caribougal Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I can eat my favorite (primal) meal with no guilt:

- manchego cheese
    - pear or cantaloupe wrapped in really good prosciutto (maybe not the most Paleo, but oh well)
    - olives
    - cucumbers

salty, sweet, savory, crunchy... perfect.

And... getting to know my butcher! Ha ha, just kidding, for those who remember my hot butcher story. I haven't seen him since then!
  • Fairysoul
    Options
    I have another, less food goes to waste beacuse you can use leftovers to make a new meal!!
  • kcalla
    kcalla Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I absolutely hate cooking and cook separately for my husband. I can roast a ton of veggies, crockpot some chicken, chili, roast... and be good to go for the week! I'm a throw veggies and meat in a bowl and it's a meal!
  • skwidlund
    skwidlund Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Your teeth don't get that nasty sugar film and funk! *shudder*
  • PicklePlum
    PicklePlum Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Steak and eggs :)
  • tabbychiro
    tabbychiro Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Your teeth don't get that nasty sugar film and funk! *shudder*

Yes, I no longer feel the need to chew gum or eat mints all the time.
  • feisma
    feisma Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I am actually enjoying cooking (*gasp!*)

The scale keeps showing a downward trend in bodyfat percentage :-)

My whole family is eating more veggies than ever before
  • Fairysoul
    Options
    Love them all!!!!
  • Merci444
    Merci444 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I am not worried and obsessed about my food. I am eating healthy, plain and simple. I also have been impressing my family with awesome cooking. The vegan things I used to make, my bf wasn't too excited about (even though I was a really good veg*n cook.)

I am also trying something new and yummy quite often.
  • Merci444
    Merci444 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I can eat my favorite (primal) meal with no guilt:

- manchego cheese
    - pear or cantaloupe wrapped in really good prosciutto (maybe not the most Paleo, but oh well)
    - olives
    - cucumbers

salty, sweet, savory, crunchy... perfect.

And... getting to know my butcher! Ha ha, just kidding, for those who remember my hot butcher story. I haven't seen him since then!

That sounds good!! (stealing)
  • ksellen1
    ksellen1 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Being able to fry things in leftover bacon grease with no guilt! :)
  • Fairysoul
    Options
    You don't have to feel guily about the fattier type of meats, or using lots of coconut oil when making a stir fry :)
  • Cerebrus189
    Cerebrus189 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Being able to fry things in leftover bacon grease with no guilt! :)

^^One of my favorites!

1. Using a cup of coconut milk per day in my tea (used to be coffee until this week) and having count positively towards my fat macro.

2. Being able to go right past the numerous and lengthy posts on the forums about TDEE, "everything in moderation" ands any other overused phrase or ridiculous calculation. You KNOW cavemen were not doing that.

3. Slacking on fitness and still losing weight while eating coconut butter straight out of the jar.

4. Showing off the muscle that's now showing by working out just two days a week, not 6x a week.

5. Being able to allow myself to relax, do some yoga, get some sleep and make it a whole, complete lifestyle that is geared towards health and not just weight loss.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    I have another, less food goes to waste beacuse you can use leftovers to make a new meal!!

^^^^ this I defenitely don't waste as much food, it usually gets all used up :)
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    eating all the bacon and avocado I want without worrying about "points" or calories!!
  • jenjersnapco
    jenjersnapco Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I am not worried and obsessed about my food. I am eating healthy, plain and simple. I also have been impressing my family with awesome cooking. The vegan things I used to make, my bf wasn't too excited about (even though I was a really good veg*n cook.)

I am also trying something new and yummy quite often.

Exactly the same for me. I have one son who still doesn't like meat but everyone else is so much more enthused about meals now.

Oh, and the bacon grease, for sure. Yum.
  • ksellen1
    ksellen1 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    eating all the bacon and avocado I want without worrying about "points" or calories!!

I am so glad that I will NEVER count points again!
  • MissXFit13
    MissXFit13 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Not feeling constantly hungry, or obsessed with food. No carb cravings or energy crashes. Feeling satisfied and not having stomach aches after each meal.

Oh, and realizing what an incredible cook that I am that I can throw meat and vegetables onto the stove with some spices and create a fricken' culinary masterpiece!
  • sophiathedss
    sophiathedss Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Eating dinner for breakfast! I love it!

Using leftovers

mmm bacon!

no carb crashing

etc..... the list goes on

11269213.png
  • Flowers4Julia
    Flowers4Julia Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Biggest perk for me is is finally enjoying life...eating rich yummy savory foods and (with no guilt) knowing that they are exactly right and good for me. Moving well away from the chronic cardio mentality. Being totally off IBS and GERD meds.

Frying in the left over bacon fat~~~~> YEAH :bigsmile:

Being satiated after a meal and still maintaining my weight. Almost unbelievable :drinker: