Birthday desserts @ the office for YOUR birthday

lizziej78
lizziej78 Posts: 26 Member
So here was my challenge for the day: Today's my b-day, and my boss called me up to her office for "something", which turned out to be her and 4 other colleagues wishing me a happy birthday (yay).

My boss had also baked a pineapple cream pie for us to share. Now, in almost any other circumstances I would have foregone this treat- I have dinner plans tonight, no time to work out today, and I am not a huge sweet fan, so I didn't really want it.

On the other hand, she cooked it heself, and it was a really nice gesture, and there were only 5 of us, standing around and eating pie, so it would have been glaringly obvious if I didn't eat it. It feels like it would have been really rude to decline. I asked for a small piece, told them I was saving myself for dinner, but still....there was the pie on the plate, being handed over to me, everyone smiling and watching me to see how much I'd enjoy it...

I ate the pie. Would you have? Other ways to handle this gracefully?

Replies

• nre820
    nre820 Posts: 77 Member
    I think you did the right thing, if you are working out and eating clean most of the time, it's okay to indulge a little. You can't completely deprive yourself (the 80/20 principle). And it sounds like she put in some time effort to make it.

Another way to look at it? Tomorrow you can go out and run extra hard to burn off those calories! :)
  • MoonGypsyQ67
    MoonGypsyQ67 Posts: 121 Member
    I think you handled it beautifully! That was really nice that she made it for you and it was kind of you to accept it. Just because you did not work it off today, that is okay. You can still work it off. I agree with nre820-You can run extra hard tomorrow. My nutritionist made me laugh when she said she will workout a little harder when she knows she is going to have that extra glass of wine with her girlfriends. When her husband notices that her workout is longer, he yells to her "Is that your wine workout?"
  • MoonGypsyQ67
    MoonGypsyQ67 Posts: 121 Member
    Oh sorry - I forgot to add HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!
  • Crookey21
    Crookey21 Posts: 311 Member
    ill eat it!!! lol HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
  • shoniej
    shoniej Posts: 227 Member
    Happy Birthday!!! And I would have done the same thing :)
  • Happy Birthday! and i hope i don't have to do this next week as my birthday is on the 10th! I think you did the right thing. just wash it down with a bunch of water.
  • texasokie
    texasokie Posts: 65 Member
    Sounds like you did the right thing and like everyone said you can always work it off tomorrow. Hope you're having a great birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
  • Jodibear58
    Jodibear58 Posts: 280 Member
    That was really nice that your boss made it for you! She must think highly of you :) You did the right thing and....

Happy Birthday!!!!