Halloween Realization

Options
Katt1320
Katt1320 Posts: 94 Member
My annual Halloween party is actually tomorrow night. I have been planning to go as Abed from Community dressed up as Inspector Spacetime. I've got the bowler hat and everything.

Then I realized about 5 minutes ago that I'm going to a party dressed as a character in a borderline obscure TV show, who is dresed up as a character from a TV show WITHIN the TV show, which is actually a spoof of Dr. Who- a not intirely well-known TV show in and of itself...

COMMUNITY is my top-most favorite show (that is currently alive), second only to Dr. Who, so you KNOW this is perfect, right?

I just...I just...I dunno if it's worth it to explain it to people all night.

Replies

• explodingalice
    explodingalice Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    If they don't understand it ... WHY ARE YOU LETTING THEM IN YOUR HOUSE???
  • lauraniwa
    lauraniwa Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Just do it. It's always dissapointing when people don't get cool costumes but do you really want to dress up as a sexy cat or sexy nurse or...whatever you want to make sexy I guess. I even saw a "sexy" finding nemo once...shudder...which is why I've dressed in halloween drag for 5 years running. I go in boy costumes, and no one gets it but WE know that WE are cool. Your online family salutes you and your superior costume!
  • DrJanet98
    DrJanet98 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    It's so worth it when the few, the proud *do* get the reference!

We have a costume contest in my area with prizes for both Best Pun and Worst Pun, so there are some awesome ideas -- the best part is always the rolling wave of laughter or groans as people "get it."

Several years ago there were three girls. Two of them were wearing suits with mop-top wigs, one holding a guitar and the other a set of drumsticks. The third girl was dressed as the Pope.
  • achbarrow
    achbarrow Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    If they don't understand it ... WHY ARE YOU LETTING THEM IN YOUR HOUSE???

Indeed.

I think this is one of the most awesome costume ideas I've ever heard I say go for it. If they don't get it then I'm sorry for them. :)