How long should the "swoon" last?

Options
Carl01
Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
Stolen from here...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/785864-too-good-looking

Think it is interesting to see how long folks have it last,want it to last and also curious if it becomes so intoxicating for lack of a better word that some pursue it relentlessly at the sacrifice of a serious relationship developing.

Replies

• 4themoney
    4themoney Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    i didn't read the thread, but there is info out there that states the chemical connection we create with those we fall in love with ends at the two year mark. so, by that time the love has to be something more than simple swooning... :-)
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    I think it goes through phases. I've gone through two swoons with SL so far. Initially and up to when I said I love you.. then it kinda died down in the months after that until he finally said it back. Now I'm swooning again. :love:
  • sma83
    sma83 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I think it comes and goes. All relationships cycle up and down. At least they do in my personal experience. For me, that initial "swoon" tends to last for quite some time. Once Im hooked, Im hooked. If I start to feel unappreciated that feeling tends to fade. But a sweet or romatic gesture on his part, a kind word, or an especially passionte kiss is all it takes to get my "swoon" going on again!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    Not very long.

I think you are initially attracted to someone because you feel an intense, sexual attraction...that is why new couples are always hanging off each other and busy in bed. But once you get to know the person, you care about them not sex or looks so much.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I'm into my 6th year of swooning over someone..........but we're not together anymore, so I guess that's a bit of a false swoon :cry:

TBH I dont think it ever ends if I'm mad about someone.........:love:
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    I think it comes and goes. All relationships cycle up and down. At least they do in my personal experience. For me, that initial "swoon" tends to last for quite some time. Once Im hooked, Im hooked. If I start to feel unappreciated that feeling tends to fade. But a sweet or romatic gesture on his part, a kind word, or an especially passionte kiss is all it takes to get my "swoon" going on again!

Yep, exactly this! For me, anywho.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    A lifetime.
  • sma83
    sma83 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    A lifetime.
    Awwwwww :heart:
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Yes, relationships go through phases, but if you stop swooning at all, what's the point of being with the other person?
  • FitnessPalWorks
    FitnessPalWorks Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    If you continue to flirt with your partner, make them feel sexy, and you are sexy for THEM, and you still go on "dates", you still enjoy each other's company, still make each other laugh.... as comedian Ron White would say, it should last

FOOOOOOORRRRREVAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Basically, it lasts as long as you BOTH want it to. It definitely isn't a one-way street....
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    A lifetime.

this.it doesnt have to be a daily thing, but i'd think if people aren't taking each other for granted, still being flirty and still attracted to the other the swoon could happen forever
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Chemically speaking, 12-18 months.
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I'm into my 6th year of swooning over someone..........but we're not together anymore, so I guess that's a bit of a false swoon :cry:

I feel you there. I think there is something to the whole "wanting what we cannot have" thing. I'm suspicious that these would probably fade if attained though.
  • Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    When I met my husband.. I fell head over heels for him from day one. I loved him no matter what happened.. so my swoon ended for him after he cheated on me the first time. I think when you meet the love of your life you swoon over them always.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options

I feel you there. I think there is something to the whole "wanting what we cannot have" thing. I'm suspicious that these would probably fade if attained though.

Yeah, that may well be the case, but I wouldn't mind finding out! If I ever do, I'll let you know :wink:
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options

TBH I dont think it ever ends if I'm mad about someone.........:love:

Ditto that...

When I'm in love I'm kind of in this... constant state. The first boyfriend I remember very clearly when that changed - it was a very dramatic event that changed my entire perception of who he was as a person and finally allowed me to see who he really was. It made it almost easy to extricate him from my life despite us living together.

So for me? The swooning ends at betrayal or death.
  • Carl01
    Options
    I am thinking I did not word or explain what I intended in keeping with what I perceived was the discussion on the other thread.

What I was taking from that discussion was not an issue of love but that giddy euphoria which happens with the first blushes of an infatuation.
    That time when a person refuses to look at life and reality under the belief that the feeling of "love" they have will overcome all regardless of what living actually entails.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I am thinking I did not word or explain what I intended in keeping with what I perceived was the discussion on the other thread.

What I was taking from that discussion was not an issue of love but that giddy euphoria which happens with the first blushes of an infatuation.
    That time when a person refuses to look at life and reality under the belief that the feeling of "love" they have will overcome all regardless of what living actually entails.

I honestly don't know the difference then. Unless there's a disagreement I'm usually pretty swoony when I'm in love. But I don't know if I've been in a long enough relationship to really have gotten to the "settled" part.
  • Carl01
    Options

I honestly don't know the difference then. Unless there's a disagreement I'm usually pretty swoony when I'm in love. But I don't know if I've been in a long enough relationship to really have gotten to the "settled" part.

The love will fix everything ideal...where 2 unemployed people will swear that just being together will be enough even though that doesn`t explain where groceries come from.
    Yes I know that is an exaggeration but the idea.

More realistic perhaps is where every meeting is a rush,Christmas morning all over but no thought given to actually living together and dealing with lifes stresses as well as those that occur with being together.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    my great grandparents were married for like 60 years . my great grand dad said he'd get that infatuated swoony feeling all the way until she died several years before he did.

who says infatuation has to completely end just because the relationship becomes more long terms and settled?