New to Keto

Options
Hello

I'm new to Keto, been on MFP for a while and haven't got far and came across ketosis when I was looking at starting a VLCD in the UK (Cambridge diet), my doctor refused to sign me off for it, and suggested I just do it myself and save a load of money.

I've been reading through the group posts and they have been so helpful, so thanks everyone :)

I'm on day 3 so far, and am feeling pretty good. I'm only in slight ketosis and it may be cos I need to drop a few more carbs but as I've lost 5lbs already I'm not going to complain!

Please feel free to add me :)

Thanks and good luck to everyone, you've given me a lot of inspiration so far!

Jill

Replies

• Oaeneo
    Oaeneo Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Welcome to keto and great job on the 5lbs so far! I've been on keto for 3 months now and I couldn't be happier with my results. Feel free to add me if you'd like another food diary to check out or just want to chat.
  • ThatNeuroGuy
    ThatNeuroGuy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'll offer up the same. Been doing keto for about a month now (after some time on the Dukan Diet, low carb high protein). Pleasurable results so far! Feel free to add and there's also a great community on reddit.com/r/keto as well.
  • M4Squared
    M4Squared Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I added you! :) I've been on keto for 5 months and love it!
  • Jay_Jay_
    Jay_Jay_ Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Welcome! And yes, assuming you didn't come from reddit, check out our main community at www.reddit.com/r/keto for even more great keto information. You can use the search bar there for just about everything. The first days will bring very quick loss, usually from water bloat going away. You'll feel great though and it really helps with staying on track those first few days. Great job on the loss already!