Looking for friends to keep me motivated

Options
2»

Replies

• RibMountainMan
    Options
    I've been up and down and up and down multiple times and I need to stick with healthy habits. I want to make this the year. I've had this MFP account for over a year now, but have only really started using it this month. I'd love some mutual accountability.
  • KevinS62
    KevinS62 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hey all. I'm hoping I found the active thread. Actually a little quiet in here. I posted my intro in it's own thread, but looks like this is the active thread. I definitely have determination. These first two weeks, I'm losing weight at a good pace, so I also have momentum.

As I said, I don't lack determination. I will drop the weight. My current plan is to go from 247 lbs (on Jan 7th) to 230 by Feb 1 and ~200 lbs by the forth of July..... Independence Day!

I used an on-line forum for support when I quit smoking and it really helped. Like the others, I can use the accountability.
  • cardinalsfootball
    cardinalsfootball Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Heh everyone. Fairly new to MFP, loving it. Have a long ways to go. I've been adding some friends here and there, mainly guys in their 200's looking to break into the 100's. Joining a group may be an easier way.

I've been focusing on just lowering my weight a little and settling into eating healthier... really focused on adding a lot of fruit and veggies to the diet. Gotta cut out the pizza... it's a killer for me. Hope to start lifting again for the first time in 20 years soon. We'll see.

Add me as a friend if you'd like to follow. Have an open diary and profile. Good luck to all!
  • dan_IRL
    dan_IRL Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hey all. I'm hoping I found the active thread. Actually a little quiet in here. I posted my intro in it's own thread, but looks like this is the active thread. I definitely have determination. These first two weeks, I'm losing weight at a good pace, so I also have momentum.

As I said, I don't lack determination. I will drop the weight. My current plan is to go from 247 lbs (on Jan 7th) to 230 by Feb 1 and ~200 lbs by the forth of July..... Independence Day!

I used an on-line forum for support when I quit smoking and it really helped. Like the others, I can use the accountability.

I have found that adding friends and using your own feed to converse seems to be a bit more lively. Feel free to add me if you would like!
  • daleweideman
    daleweideman Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Great energy here - I'm very impressed. Looking for a few friend connections for mutual accountability as I / we make this the year we achieve our weight loss and fitness improvement goals. Like a lot of guys here, I am a busy professional, long commute, travel a lot, and find it hard to be as fit as I need to be. Also, I've been struggling with weight all my life - I think its a metabolism thing almost as much as eating too much. Now I'm 265 lbs when I feel I should be about 190 - and would be damn happy with 200. I've seen the recent research that having mutual connections to whom you report progress and maintain accountability is a big help. I'd ideally like to connect with guys in similar situation as mine - 40 or 50 something, aiming to lose 40+ lbs, busy professional, committed to both eating healthy and exercising regularly and wanting a regular - daily or every-other-day - quick check in on progress to help us stay on track. If that makes sense to you, send a Friend invitation and let's connect. I probably can commit to keeping up with at most 3-4 MFP friends - I have a really busy life and I am determined to be consistent with this - so if I "decline" it's because I don't want to overcommit.