daily check in

Options
chipper15173
chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
hello,
i need a daily check in. hope you don't mind me starting this thread. let's see how it goes....
i have been doing WW (for the umpteenth time). started in jan of this year. i just found out that since my highest weigh was recorded at a WW meeting years ago, they will honor that. so this wednesday i will get more charms for my key ring. since beginning this year i have lost over 55. i think there have only been 3/4 days i didn't track. i track everyday, everything. i exercise 5/6 days a week. i work with a trainer for 30 mins once a week. i take lots of zumba and werq classes. i run also. so that's just a little about me.

this week i gained 1.4 pounds on my home scale. i have 2 weigh ins a week. mondays at my home scale. wednesdays at WW. i don't know why. but, as i have learned with this journey, everyday is different that yesterday. my body is doing something. i am thinking of readjusting my points. i have stayed with the same 30 points since i began. so i will reduce them by 2 and see what happens. it's always something....

have a good one.

Replies

• heidi5k
    heidi5k Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I would love to join your daily check in. :)
    I'm a week and a half in to WW online, and am so glad to be doing it!
    I have also done WW before, in between babies etc., and joined again b/c I've been having a lot of trouble getting traction. (Still need to lose weight from baby 19 months old!)

I have approx. 40 pounds to go, but honestly, right now (@ 43 y.o.), I'm motivated by health a bit more than the scale. I need to be able to chase kids for a long time to come, and I want to be able to do it w/ lots of energy and w/o achy knees. ;)

Congratulations, Chipper, for your 55 pound loss this year! Wow! That is so inspiring. I really like the Points Plus - I feel like it does reward healthy choices, and the focus is on empty low cal snacks. What about you?
  • libbi
    libbi Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I think this is a great idea. Everyday is different for me too. Way to go!!
  • chipper15173
    Options
    good morning....
    nothing really on the calender for today. cleaning out the spare room and doing some moving of furniture, going through book cases. might be doing a zumba toning class, if not i will do a good 2 1/2 mile run, maybe 3.
    my weigh in is tomorrow night. nothing salty today.

have a good day
  • heidi5k
    Options
    So far, it's a hungry day. :)
    Need to make sure I fill up on fruits and veggies and have a protein rich lunch.

WI is tomorrow, and i really want to see some action!
  • pepeleo
    pepeleo Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss. Your also very active. Good for you. I am also with WW, this is not my first time. I am a lifetime member who fell off the wagon, so to speak. I needed to come back for health issues. But I am not as active as you.

Good luck.
  • chipper15173
    Options
    today is my weigh in day. i will get the charms for the 75 and 100 pound lost. long story on this.
    excited.....
  • heidi5k
    Options
    Wow, sounds exciting! you'll have to fill us in on the long story sometime. :)

I'm starting a new week, and I always love that. Lost 4 pounds in my first week, I realize that every week will not be like that, but I'm pretty excited none the less.

I am hoping in the next week to bust past 183. I seemed to keep getting hung up there ever since I had my 1 1/2 year old.
  • chipper15173
    Options
    got my 75 and 100 pound charms last night. was great. lost 1.2 for a total of 102.4.

story.....my highest record in writing weight just happen to be an old weight watchers sign up book. dated back to 2005. i had brought that into them last week. they told me i could possible use it as my starting weight since it was with WW. so they called and sure enough they were able to change my starting weight. so now when i hit goal, top WW people will come with balloons and all that stuff to celebrate. because it will be over 100 pounds lost. i have a doctors appt next week will be asking him what my goal weight should be. i know what i would like to see again. i was 17 the last time i saw that weight. (36 years ago). i just want a target around weight.

no exercise today. it's my rest day. so i will go shopping instead.
  • heidi5k
    Options
    That's a great story. So you must have kept most of that weight off! What a success.

My day is fine today - kind of busy and stressful, so I want to keep an eye on my food. (Also i'm taking the kids to get frozen yogurt for a treat. :) )

My main goal this week is to be totally OP!!
  • heidi5k
    Options
    My daily check in:

Good day so far... I am about to head to the store and stock up on fruits and veggies. I'm going to make ratatouille (my obsession) when I get home. I'm the only one who really likes it, so it's my lunch for days!! (only 3 points for a huge serving). I'm also going to buy a mandolin so the slicing process goes a little quicker.

Will get some raking in, too, and I know that will burn some calories!

Hope everyone is well.

ttyl
  • chipper15173
    Options
    so busy the last few days. missed gym day today. will go tomorrow instead.
    just enjoying life.
  • heidi5k
    Options
    daily check in:

eating very light today - going to dinner at friends' tonight - she loves rich, heavy foods and desserts. Don't know if
    ill find much ww-friendly food there! Saving all my points for that. Prob. just going to count all my weekly points toward tonight as well and lightly the rest of this week.
  • chipper15173
    Options
    doing ok here. pulled a muscle in my lower back doing 2000 meter row machine yesterday. will be taking in easy at todays
    training session.
    tomorrow i have to speak in front of my zumba toning class about my weight loss. need to start my blog back up again.

have a great day.

time to start thinking about what low points thanksgivings you are making. since i am doing the cooking this year. as i have made my list i have done the points. any high point foods will be just enough for the people who will eat that. thank goodness the whole family is eating healthy this year. no fried turkey this time around, just baked and smoked. we always have two turkeys. freeze the leftovers.
  • heidi5k
    Options
    Yeah, I'm starting to think about Thanksgiving too.
    I think I'll offer to make a side or two rather than desserts, b/c I always feel very "committed" to my desserts, and have to taste them multiple times (warm, cool, refrigerated) to make sure they're just right! If I make some yummy low point sides, I'll know I can fill up on them.

Also remembering "it's just one day" not a week of big eating!

- H
  • chipper15173
    Options
    have to speak in front of my zumba class today about my weight loss.
    WW weigh in tomorrow. holding some water due to injury to back. life's' little bumps....
  • heidi5k
    Options
    How did your talk go?

Hope it was good... Let us (me?) know. :)
  • chipper15173
    Options
    it went ok. you could really tell i was nervous in my voice. it kept cracking.

got a good workout in this morning. back is on the mend for sure.

weigh tonight.
  • chipper15173
    Options
    i gained a pound. thought i might, with the water weight from the muscles.
    no biggie....
  • emily_bird
    Options
    Hi there!

I'm new here and I just wanted to encourage you ladies to carry on, because you get there! I'm living with someone who has lost 26KILOS since about April this year doing this program. That's over 57 of these http://pinterest.com/pin/32158584809235032/
    Don't give up! Keep on going and you can get there! I lost 7 kilograms and I couldn't do it properly in between. I lost it all in about 3 months . Go for it !
  • heidi5k
    Options
    Glad you're taking it in stride. :) You're right - it's no big deal.