Carb flu

Options
Fairysoul
Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
So everytime I start to eat primal but mostly paleo again, (which has been on and off for a while now) I get the carb flu around noon everyday and it's usually gone by 2:30 whats up with that? The whole time my baby is napping I feel crappy!!! What was your carb flu like? And can I expect this to last a long time?

Replies

• Flowers4Julia
    Flowers4Julia Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering about the timing of it for you? And, does it have anything to do with what your breakfast was?

I didn't have much a carb flu myself, I might have eased into it or I think I was just so excited to find something I could do that made sense...that I just embraced it all.....not sure really :smile:

But anyway, do you nap while baby is napping?...I never could, but looking back on it (my kids are now 19 and 22) I should have made myself lay down. Babies take alot of work!

Keep experiementing with foods choices...more fats, less fats....protein and the like ...

:happy:
  • Fairysoul
    Options
    Could it be my coffee? It might just be waring off about that time, breakfast it can't be I don't think, I do diffrent things, eggs and bacon one day, paleo cereal another, sometimes leftovers...
  • caribougal
    caribougal Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    It could be your coffee. Or... maybe you really do need to nap! If you're waking up in the middle of the night to nurse, you deserve to nap during the day. I know it's tempting to do all the "stuff" you need to do while the baby is asleep, but catching up on your sleep is important too. I wish I could go back in time and take all the naps I should have while my babies were little.
  • Flowers4Julia
    Flowers4Julia Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    So napping for sure...all moms will agree!

But maybe it is your coffee?!

Could you experiment with decaf for a week lets say, and see what happens?

I know...."decaf"

:glasses:
  • Fairysoul
    Options
    I don't nurse anymore, but I have been waking late at night and unable to sleep, I'll try napping!!
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    i'm 3 weeks in, and the carb-flu is finally gone....boy it was a struggle ...but glad I stuck it out...now to fine tune my diet, I don't feel like I lost any fat