Week Eight - Sunday 11/4/12

Options
Hi All,

Hope everyone had a great week. Mine was busy with family and travel.

I worked out M,T, W, Su for a total of 2150 calories burned.

I ate within my calories for the week and went over one day.

I'm staying right around 150lbs. I going to try my workouts around the 140-150 HR range this week. When I push into the 160/170 range I'm a bit ragged so I'm going to try something new.

I'm a bit sore in my right shoulder so I'll be sure to stretch it well.

Enjoy the heat and be sure to drink lots of water.

Happy week ahead,
Mary Ellen

Replies

• airboy1952
    airboy1952 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I worked out or hiked every day this past week and burned 5,977 calories.

On Dr. Bob's suggestion, I've decided to stay close to my current weight and concentrate on the strength challenges. I'll be working to lose just a tiny bit more to reach 162.6 lb. Then I'll be able to say I lost 50 pounds since the start of the first 90-day challenge in February.

As a result of resetting my goals, my allowed net calorie intake has increased from 1200/day to 1700/day, and I was under this target for every day of the week.

This is another week of book deadlines, travel, and minimal sleep, so I hope I can keep on target.
  • palheather
    Options
    That's fantastic, Roger! Does this mean you only have 1 pound left to lose over the next 6 weeks?! You have done so well that I was beginning to think I'd have to change your nickname to the Incredible Shrinking Man if you lost much more!

Here's my update for the week:

I worked out every day this week and burned 3854 calories, just over my target of 3850. Much of my burn this week was done through walking around Hawaii -- hopefully calories are calories regardless of how slowly they are burned...! We did some cool kayaking, hiking and running as well. And almost every day we swam in the ocean -- unfortunately my heart monitor refused to work in the seawater so I didn't get to count any of those calories. My favorite activity was ocean kayaking across a rough bay to a quiet cove where we snorkeled. The fish were amazing! And on the row back, we were surrounded by spinner dolphins leaping and spinning around us. It was an amazing workout with incredible views.

I stayed within my calorie intake every day but one. I'm guessing it was the fruity boozy drink and bar nuts that pushed me over that day but they were worth every single sip/bite. Even with the fun stuff, I stayed within my calorie intake for the week. I'm a bit terrified to see how this translates to the scale on Wednesday but I'm ready to get serious again no matter what it says!!

cheers,
    Heather
  • airboy1952
    airboy1952 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Heather --- thank you for the kind words. Yes indeed, I have just one more pound to go from last week's value. But I may have drifted upward this week, since I'm trying to figure out what's required to maintain this new weight. So it's likely that I'll still have to lose 0.5 to 1 lb/wk to get to the goal.

I sure hope your scale understands how hard and with what dedication you've been working to reach your goal. I had a similar weight-loss plateau toward the end of the second 90-Day Challenge, and it was just as inexplicable and maddening as the one you've been experiencing.