Maximise my Insanity Workouts!

Options
polza1888
polza1888 Posts: 87 Member
I'm onto day 9 of my Insanity challenge, the first week was tough and dealt with it fine, moving into this second week, during the workouts i'm getting exhausted very easily. I know for a fact i can give much more than what I'm currently giving out but feeling very lazy and tired.

Can anyone recommend anything to give me a really good energy boost to see me through the workouts?

Replies

• momar74
    momar74 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hey - Nice work getting through week 1 and starting week 2. I did 2 rounds of insanity and the most important thing was to fuel yourself the day before and after workouts. I had a protein smoothie immediately after workout and a lot of water throughout the day, in addition to eating all of the calories burned for the workouts.

Also, if I am winded and I am not giving it all, I pause the DVD, catch my breath, when ready I go back to the start of that exercise and re-start. I used my HRM as a guide, if I am over 170, then I know that I cannot maintain that for a long time, so I stop to bring it down. As you get fitter, you can push your heart higher, during round 1, it was tough if HR went over 150.

Good luck and keep pushing 'play' every day no matter what, it will get easier over the next few weeks and then month 2. Another major motivator for me was the fit test on week 3, when I saw the improvement 2 weeks made, I decided to commit to the entire program.
  • dalehall64
    dalehall64 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    First off, Congrats on making to week 2.. I struggled so bad in week 1, I wondered if I would make it to week 2.. But, week 2 is when I started seeing some progress, so it pumped me up to keep going.

My question would be: When are you doing your workouts? My workouts are the first thing I do each day (up at 4:00 am to do them) I know for a fact, if I waited until the evening, I'd be worn out and wouldn't give it everything I had like I can directly after a decent night's sleep.. Now, of course, that's just me. But, maybe adjusting your workout time might help some.
    If nothing else, just stick with it.. If you aren't used to this type of thing, this workout will beat you up. Give your body time to adjust.. Stick with it, push play and like Shaun T says, "Dig Deeper!!" Even as long as I've been doing this, (started it back in July) it never get easy, but your breaks start coming more infrequent... Good luck with it!!
  • rezn8
    rezn8 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Week 1 is tough just because of the dedication and change you have suddenly decided to embark on. Week 2 you now know what to expect but it still gets you. I work out in the morning at 4am so I am up at 3:30am drinking a pre-workout and some water to get my body ready for the workout. If you are fatigued easily or are experiencing cramping then you need something pre workout. If you eat something too soon before the workout you'll have problems also. The pre-workout drink get's you some carbs that absorb quickly as well as getting the fluids into your body. It may take a bit of getting used to at first. Look me up at team beachbody if you want help. coach SWREZn8