July 2013 Babies

Options

Replies

• dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    yay for july!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 12 days and counting for me! Hopefully sooner!

How is everyone doing?
  • heathermora11
    heathermora11 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    It is exciting to be in July, isn't it? Since my estimated due date isn't until the 24th, I keep reminding myself that it is *possible* baby won't be here until August... but still I am excited :) I am doing tons of nesting (dear Lord, why does the furniture moving impulse only kick in once the belly is gigantic?) a *tad* worried that I tested pretty low for my iron level... so trying to eat lots of iron rich foods... and that is pretty much it! I feel pretty ready!
  • freeasharold
    freeasharold Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Huge uptick in braxton hicks the last few days. Really for the past 3 days they come as often as 7 minutes a part, but go nowhere. Basically meaning nothing! Feeling ready to meet her, and much less nervous about becoming a Mom. Trying to make lots of plans to occupy myself, and not say no to anything even if it is close to my due date. I figure I can always cancel rather than sitting around wishing I had something to do!

I have also been having to watch my iron. Taking an additional supplement as well as trying to get more iron rich foods. Also trying to do my spinning babies stretches every day since she still favors a posterior position. Would love to avoid back labor!
  • dawnemjh
    Options
    39weeks today and we are in the middle of a heat wave!!!

Anyone have any babies yet????
  • lk27
    lk27 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    My due date was yesterday (7/6). I'm a little dissappointed that it came and went and I'm still pregnant! I'm just so excited and anxious to meet our little girl already. I've tried all the old wives tales to get labor started. Long walks, spicy food, sex, foot massage, bouncing on a yoga ball. I've even tried to negotiate with the little one :ohwell: I told her I wouldn't try to force her out anymore, I'll let her come when she's good and ready.

I'm going to try to keep myself busy and not think about every little thing I feel going on in my belly wondering if it's the start of contractions. This waiting around and not knowing WHEN is so hard!!

Good luck to all the July mommies! I hope everyone has safe and speedy labor and deliveries!
  • igottaworkout
    igottaworkout Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I keep checking this thread too to see if anyone has had a baby yet! :) It's so exciting to be so close finally! I hope everything goes well for everyone. Like many of you guys I tested low on iron in my last test also and I'm taking a plant based supplement that is supposed to be easy to absorb and doesn't cause constipation. So far so good :) I hope you guys feel well! I'm super tired since my 36th week but maybe it's iron related.
  • LauraLouFace
    LauraLouFace Posts: 56 Member
    Options

My little guy was born yesterday at 10:49 am! I had a wonderful home birth, 8-ish hours, and I had the pleasure of catching my own baby and putting him immediately to my chest! He weighed in at 6 lbs, 9 oz - WAY smaller than we expected (my firstborn weighed 9 lbs 6 oz :p) He is healthy and we are feeling very blessed and SO in love with him! Luck to you ladies in waiting, I wish you all speedy deliveries with healthy babies :)
  • igottaworkout
    Options

My little guy was born yesterday at 10:49 am! I had a wonderful home birth, 8-ish hours, and I had the pleasure of catching my own baby and putting him immediately to my chest! He weighed in at 6 lbs, 9 oz - WAY smaller than we expected (my firstborn weighed 9 lbs 6 oz :p) He is healthy and we are feeling very blessed and SO in love with him! Luck to you ladies in waiting, I wish you all speedy deliveries with healthy babies :)

Yay! Congratulations!! I am so happy for you! Was this delivery easier compared to your large baby? I had one 9lb6oz too and hoping for a smaller one like you :) Take care and I hope you have a great recovery as well!!
  • kristapennie
    kristapennie Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all the Mommas that have had their babies!
    I'm due on Friday and I'm Getting really worried because they think I may have IUGR and I see a high risk OB tomorrow recommended by my midwife.
    I hope my little lady is ok and that I can still deliver her naturally when she decides to come! Trying not to stress out!
  • igottaworkout
    Options
    @kristapennie I hope everything will be ok for you too! You are so close, I would be nervous too just because it could happen any second. I hope you will have a great labor soon!

I just had my midwife apt. today and everything is going well so far, the baby is increasing in size like expected and I only have 2 appointments left until my due date! I can't believe the time is so close to deliver now.

I went to walmart to buy a dress because the hospital suggests a loose outfit to wear back home. The funny thing is I just bought it off the rack without trying it on. When I got home I put it on and it fits lol.. I guess it is a very loose dress but the good thing is that it's kind of tight at the top right to the top of the baby bump and then loose so it should still look ok when the baby is gone from the bump :) It was only $9 but hopefully I can wear it for a while. What are you ladies doing to get ready/distract yourselves in the meantime?
  • kellykneppergrundy
    kellykneppergrundy Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    @kristapennie, I hope you go on your own soon and can have the labour you want. Be sure to research all your options with a IUGR baby (if that is indeed what it is)

@LauraLouFace, congratulations on your baby boy. He's gorgeous. It sounds like you had a wonderful birth. I've been reading loads of homebirth stories to get myself ready for mine.

I've been so hungry all week! I'm pretending my intense desire for cookies, ice cream and cake is due to the baby getting me ready for an intense labour and building up my energy stores. I'll certainly be packing on the pounds these last few weeks. Still exercising a bit, although at nearly 39 weeks my motivation is pretty much gone. I've gone into hibernation mode and if I didn't have to take my daughter to nursery 3 days a week and provide entertainment for her I'd never go anywhere or see anyone. I (hopefully) have my last midwife appointment on Thursday morning. I'm making this baby a quilt and that's what's keeping me busy, though I need to pick up the pace if I'm going to finish it before the baby arrives.
  • dawnemjh
    Options
    @kristapennie, I hope you go on your own soon and can have the labour you want. Be sure to research all your options with a IUGR baby (if that is indeed what it is)

@LauraLouFace, congratulations on your baby boy. He's gorgeous. It sounds like you had a wonderful birth. I've been reading loads of homebirth stories to get myself ready for mine.

I've been so hungry all week! I'm pretending my intense desire for cookies, ice cream and cake is due to the baby getting me ready for an intense labour and building up my energy stores. I'll certainly be packing on the pounds these last few weeks. Still exercising a bit, although at nearly 39 weeks my motivation is pretty much gone. I've gone into hibernation mode and if I didn't have to take my daughter to nursery 3 days a week and provide entertainment for her I'd never go anywhere or see anyone. I (hopefully) have my last midwife appointment on Thursday morning. I'm making this baby a quilt and that's what's keeping me busy, though I need to pick up the pace if I'm going to finish it before the baby arrives.

I have been so hungry too!!!! I have 5 days and counting and hopefully my little guy is here! Dr appt tomorrow so hopefully find out if I am floating army more!
    Sounds like everyone is doing great!
  • kellykneppergrundy
    Options

I have been so hungry too!!!! I have 5 days and counting and hopefully my little guy is here! Dr appt tomorrow so hopefully find out if I am floating army more!
    Sounds like everyone is doing great!

I looked into it and apparently it can be a sign that labour is not far away. :) Let's hope they decide to come soon.
  • freeasharold
    freeasharold Posts: 133 Member
    Options

Congrats Laura! It sounds like you had a beautiful birth :)

@Kelly I would love to see your quilt when finished!

I still have 11 days until my due date. Yesterday I spent some time putting finishing touches on the nursery, and put all her books/toys out on her book shelf. Of course then one of our dogs spent the rest of the day undoing my work and me trying to train him off the baby's stuff. He is almost 3. Easy to forget that golden retrievers stay babies for like 4 years!
  • DistantJ
    DistantJ Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I was 37 weeks yesterday, and I won't go past 39 because of some issues that I won't bore you with.

Anyway, the baby is HUGE but I haven't gained more than 5 lbs this pregnancy because of illness. And because of already being fat I'm sure.

I'm ready to start seeing some baby pix of those who have delivered already!
  • dawnemjh
    Options
    Had my39 wks visit today. 2-3cm dilated. Now I just need cx! Feeling a little cramps so not sure if that is anything!
  • kellykneppergrundy
    Options
    fcqkio.jpg

I finished my quilt! It's the same 1930's reproduction fabrics that I used to make quilts for my daughter and my niece, except theirs have some pinks and purples in. Since I don't know what this baby is I left those colours out.

Now what am I going to do to stay busy?
  • rosy003
    rosy003 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Kelly, it is beautiful! You are so talented!
  • kristapennie
    kristapennie Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    @kelly - great job on the quilt!

@dawn - 2-3cm is awesome progress!

Had both an ultrasound and a midwife appt today....I may end up getting induced on Thursday depending on how baby is doing (I've yet another ultrasound to check her blood flow)

My midwife checked me today and I was surprised to hear I'm 1cm and thinning! Woot Woot! I want this babes to come on he own!!! C'mon contractions!!
  • igottaworkout
    Options
    That is an amazing quilt Kelly! I love the colors and pattern :)

@dawnemjh wow, you are so close! It could happen at anytime now :) I wish you the best of luck and a good delivery!

@DistantJ I hope your delivery goes well and that you stop feeling so ill :( It sounds like you had a really rough pregnancy.