buy guns and ammo while you can!!

Options
LordBear
LordBear Posts: 239 Member
well it some how happened... not supprised since i see pot is now legal in a bunch of areas..so we know who was voting.. but obama has been reelected. sad day for america. he has made it clear that he wants to do away with our constitution and put us under u.n. rule. he repeated more than once and made it clear he was going to do away with anything they considder assault weapons. ak, ar, and every other semi auto. and guns with more than what 10 round capacity? not sure what the number was off hand. he also thinks that guns are too affordable...so there is going to be a gun tax at some point. to where only the rich can buy guns... which tells me that if you are not rich you are a criminal. except the criminals arnt woried bout money..so they will have guns and good citizens wont..

Replies

• Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Knowing that O has said he is working on banning under the radar, Ill pick up 4-5 30+ round AR mags and a Saiga 12 possibly with a drum or two.

America voted in its best interests. Free phones, more welfare, "free" healthcare, free free free tax hikes and 22T in debt by the end of term 2.

Enjoy!
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Do you clowns really believe this crap? I am far from an Obama supporter and actually voted against him but your guns are safe. This is another scare EXACTLY like last time so that sheep like you all will go buy up a bunch of guns and ammo at elevated prices. It happened right around election time 4 years ago and after the long spike in prices the price of guns and ammo has came back down to about normal. An AR is actually cheaper to buy right now than it was 4 years ago. If you need to stock up I would suggest buying now though because the prices are going to go up for several months and everything is going to be sold out, again.
  • hoppinglark
    hoppinglark Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Before a Bill can be signed into law it has to pass both the Senate and the House.

Do you really think any new gun laws are going to get past the House?
  • LordBear
    Options
    your calling me a member of the sheep... are u mad? he has made it clear what his intentions are..not worried bout losing my guns..but cost on ammo going up and them not producing more of which they consider as assault weapons. when they are not. he has already chit on our constituition and was working on selling us out to the u.n.. he has put 2 anti gun judges in to the supreme court already... where the hell do u think he is taking us? disneyland? you are among the sheep if you dont take this stuff seriously and consider what you need to do. ..buy guns if u can and ammo before prices sky rocket or you cant get them at all.
  • Bakkasan
    Options
    Do you clowns really believe this crap?

I believe that the fear of the possibility will drive up prices and shortage supplies. I want to get it while I can. I've been planning the two things I wanted anyway so might as well get in now!

I have done fantastically well under O honestly so I can't complain.
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't think anything major is going to happen.

I don't think they are going to institute an assault rifle ban, so I wouldn't rush out and buy a bunch of AK's and AR's or anything like that. The only thing that might be a possibility is a ban on high capacity magazines. I already have a bunch of black 30 round PMags, but I just picked up 10 more OD Green 30 round PMags just in case.

I have the gut feeling ammo prices are going to spike soon as well. As we all know, .223's have been getting more and more expensive as time goes on. If I had a little more cash, I'd be tempted to pick up a thousand rounds very soon.
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    Thats right.
    Obama is going to take all of our guns. Just like he did during his first term.
    Oh, wait... he DIDN'T do that?
    but the NRA said that he would?

But, he will THIS time for sure.
    After that, he is going to scuttle the United States Navy and let the commies take over

He is going to have his hippie operatives kink in our doors and take everything from our rocket launchers to our red rider BB guns.

PANIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • moosegt35
    Options
    your calling me a member of the sheep... are u mad? he has made it clear what his intentions are..not worried bout losing my guns..but cost on ammo going up and them not producing more of which they consider as assault weapons. when they are not. he has already chit on our constituition and was working on selling us out to the u.n.. he has put 2 anti gun judges in to the supreme court already... where the hell do u think he is taking us? disneyland? you are among the sheep if you dont take this stuff seriously and consider what you need to do. ..buy guns if u can and ammo before prices sky rocket or you cant get them at all.

I'm not mad at all, like I said before I don't think he is worth a damn as a president but he isn't going to kick in your door and take your AR. Prices are going to go up again for sure, why wouldn't they? There are tons of people out there, like you, who are terrified that they won't be able to get these items ever again so they are going to go out and buy a ton of them. The EXACT same thing happened last time and prices have gone back down now. Obama is the best thing to ever happen to firearm and ammo manufacturers.
  • digitalbill
    Options

I'm not mad at all, like I said before I don't think he is worth a damn as a president but he isn't going to kick in your door and take your AR. Prices are going to go up again for sure, why wouldn't they? There are tons of people out there, like you, who are terrified that they won't be able to get these items ever again so they are going to go out and buy a ton of them. The EXACT same thing happened last time and prices have gone back down now. Obama is the best thing to ever happen to firearm and ammo manufacturers.
    It is no different than when people panic over hurricane supplies.
    The price of wood, water, and canned goods go up because the demand is suddenly sky high.
    The only people who benefit from the knee jerk people are the guns and ammo manufactures.
  • LordBear
    Options
    well..if you think the idiot in office is so dandy..i guess you wont mind if he gets his way.... and we start loseing our rights... and i guess it doesnt bug you that he has already wiped his azz with our constitution...
  • digitalbill
    Options
    well..if you think the idiot in office is so dandy..i guess you wont mind if he gets his way.... and we start loseing our rights... and i guess it doesnt bug you that he has already wiped his azz with our constitution...
    Do you really want to go there?

How did you enjoy the "Patriot act"?

But, for the sake of arguement, will you please explain to me exactly what rights you have lost in the last four years?
  • moosegt35
    Options

Who said I think he is dandy? I think I have made it clear that I DON'T think he is a good president. I also don't think my AR or AK is going to get taken away from me. I have been stocking up on some ammo though, so that I can enjoy shooting for the next several months without getting smacked with the higher ammo prices thanks to the conspiracy theorists who are buying it all up AGAIN.
  • LordBear
    Options
    well aparently u 2 just want to argue.. and are missing the point that obummer has tried and has plans going in to place ..he may or may not get his way..but he has a lot of power.. so it is verry possible...it has happened before and can happen again..and more likely now since he really after guns.... this isnt my info..this is what obummer said him self...end of story.. you can continue to argue if u wish..but u will be on your own.
  • moosegt35
    Options
    This "info" was the exact same 4 years ago when the exact same thing happened. Is it hard to buy 30 round mags now? 100 round drums? Are AR's and Ak's hard to find? Can you go to a store and walk out with one 30 minutes later?
  • digitalbill
    Options
    well aparently u 2 just want to argue.. and are missing the point that obummer has tried and has plans going in to place ..he may or may not get his way..but he has a lot of power.. so it is verry possible...it has happened before and can happen again..and more likely now since he really after guns.... this isnt my info..this is what obummer said him self...end of story.. you can continue to argue if u wish..but u will be on your own.

Lets make this even EASIER for you.
    If President Obama stated that he wants to create laws to remove firearms or somehow make it more difficult to purchase things like 30 round mags, folding stocks, ect, please provide proof that he has in fact stated this.
    It is not about arguing at all, it is about FACTS.
  • Bakkasan
    Options
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/15/obama-gun-laws-congress_n_836138.html

"Obama Looking For Ways Around Congress On Gun Policy"

Now would huff lie about Obama?

So it is this easy. O signs an executive order saying anything he wants.

As a result, you got this:
    http://news.investors.com/business/110712-632541-sturm-ruger-smith-wesson-jump-after-obama-reelection.htm
  • sirthickness
    Options
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/15/obama-gun-laws-congress_n_836138.html

"Obama Looking For Ways Around Congress On Gun Policy"

Now would huff lie about Obama?

So it is this easy. O signs an executive order saying anything he wants.

As a result, you got this:
    http://news.investors.com/business/110712-632541-sturm-ruger-smith-wesson-jump-after-obama-reelection.htm
    Sweet, I own two Rugers and one Smith. I wonder how Sig and Glock doing...
  • sirthickness
    Options
    Thats right.
    Obama is going to take all of our guns. Just like he did during his first term.
    Oh, wait... he DIDN'T do that?
    but the NRA said that he would?

But, he will THIS time for sure.
    After that, he is going to scuttle the United States Navy and let the commies take over

He is going to have his hippie operatives kink in our doors and take everything from our rocket launchers to our red rider BB guns.

PANIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EXACTLY THIS! Dude needs to take a chill pill; go break some bricks or balsa wood and relax. This will all blow over and be back to business as usual soon.
  • MissySho
    MissySho Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    could always learn to reload and learn to cast your own bullets....my hubby finds this practice not only money saving but stress relieving.
  • digitalbill
    Options
    could always learn to reload and learn to cast your own bullets....my hubby finds this practice not only money saving but stress relieving.
    I would like to learn how to do this.
    In the revolver, I would imagine that the bullets are pretty forgiving but, how do automatics handle the homemade rounds?
    Are they prone to jams?