Challenge #2: Try One New Exercise & Extra 15 Minutes

Options
jmeyer925
jmeyer925 Posts: 326 Member
2nd Thursday: Try at least one new exercise sometime this week, and record 15 minutes more activity EACH day (even something light like cleaning or walking)

Replies

• kaytaydeb
    kaytaydeb Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I actually did this without knowing it was a challenge. My friend and I got up at 5:30 am this morning to get a work out in before work. That means I'll end with "3 work outs" for the day.

(I always have practice and go to the rec in the evenings so this morning was an added bonus.)
  • jmeyer925
    jmeyer925 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!
  • rf1170
    rf1170 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I wasn't able to go to the gym this morning after all, so I tried this workout instead: http://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/crossfit-workout

I did eight reps each of Burpees, Tricep Dips, Lunge Hops, Butterfly Situps, Pushups, and Squats, and I finished four rounds. I was wiped, too!

As for extra activity, today will be the fourth day in a row I've been working on installing tile. The bending, lifting, laying mortar, placing grout, and finishing up have my upper body feeling pretty worked - but not unbearably so. Hopefully the floor is worth it!
  • HalloweenGirl7
    HalloweenGirl7 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I walked up our hill.
    It is VERY steep and I burned 99 cals in 14 min.
    There is a lot of snot when you walk outdoors in the cold! :tongue:

Plus, I am trying a Toning DVD: Leslie Sansone Shortcuts Lower Body Workout.
    *still drinking the 8 glasses + per day!
    :smile:
  • HalloweenGirl7
    HalloweenGirl7 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Oh, Okay. Not doing the lower body workout today.
    Tired.
    The fibromyalgia says "enough"
    But I did walk up the hill! :-)