Hi Singles - Political Compass

Options
zachatta
zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
So we are having a fairly civil debatish on economics/politics.

I know a website that after you answer a few questions, can put you on a scale of where you stand on

the political compass. The link is here:

http://www.politicalcompass.org/

When you click it, there will be a link that says "Take the Test", it will ask you 6 pages

(not too long i promise, very short survey) of questions. Once you are done it will give you a graph

where you stand. Here is mine:

dpH3g.png

If you are bored, fill it out I would love to know where everyone stands.

Once you are done filling it up, link the image here and show me what you got.

This is for those who are unsure how to link this image. I didn't find a "share your results" button on

the site, there MAY VERY WELL BE one. If there ultimately isn't i will show you how to upload your photo

and paste it in the thread.

- First right click your photo, save as on your desktop (or where ever)

- go to imgur.com

- to the right there will be a button that says "Computer" under upload images, click that.

- find your pic and click the "upload" button

- it will give you links on the right, find the one that says BB Code Messageboards.

- click link, hit copy

- come to thread, hit reply, and hit paste, with this board the "[I MG]" (IGNORE THE SPACE) tags will be

capitalized, make them lower case to work.

Replies

• Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Apparently I am a liberal leftist. However.. not being American..or particularly political..this was a surprisingly difficult test to take.
  • zachatta
    Options
    Apparently I am a liberal leftist. However.. not being American..or particularly political..this was a surprisingly difficult test to take.

You didn't link me your pic :(

I didn't think it was "American" questions, thought it was just what would you do questions.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    tYK9z.png?1

Here's mine...
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    pcgraphpng.php?ec=-3.62&soc=-3.44

not suprised at all.
  • zachatta
    Options
    lol ^ neat, one is dead center on libertarian/authoritarian
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    [img]http://www.politicalcompass.org/facebook/pcgraphpng.php?ec=2.38&soc=-3.28[/quote] The wording on some of the questions bothered me. I felt like some of them inferred that if I didn't believe one statement to be true, then I believed the opposite to be true and that wasn't necessarily the case most of the time either. I think in reality I'm more libertarian than where that scale put me.[/img]
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    pcgraphpng.php?ec=4.50&soc=1.64
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I think also there needed to be a "I don't care either way" option. That happened to me a couple times.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options

The wording on some of the questions bothered me. I felt like some of them inferred that if I didn't believe one statement to be true, then I believed the opposite to be true and that wasn't necessarily the case most of the time either. I think in reality I'm more libertarian than where that scale put me.

That is always the case with those things,they ask questions that are the extreme position on an issue so to disagree will lump you to the extreme opposite.
  • kls13la
    kls13la Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Here's mine:

JvRDV.png
  • Danielle_2013
    Options
    I am the same as MissingMinnesota..

And the questions feel American.. honestly I truly feel very different ones would be asked in a Canadian context.
  • Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    great i was born in the year of the rat and have the same political views as Stalin.
  • zachatta
    Options
    That is always the case with those things,they ask questions that are the extreme position on an issue so to disagree will lump you to the extreme opposite.
    The wording on some of the questions bothered me. I felt like some of them inferred that if I didn't believe one statement to be true, then I believed the opposite to be true and that wasn't necessarily the case most of the time either. I think in reality I'm more libertarian than where that scale put me.

Oh yeah I don't believe this is an "official" where you stand, more of a rough guess, mostly for fun imho.
  • zachatta
    Options
    No what is really funny is this:

TM3x8.png
  • LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    XNPhD.png

I got this far, what exactly do I make lower case?

Fixed it for you...Carl
  • zachatta
    Options
    Here's mine:

lol! Almost dead center haha
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    XZTa2.gif

great i was born in the year of the rat and have the same political views as Stalin.

Jen you took the wrong picture.
  • Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    of course i did...lol
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    XNPhD.png

I got this far, what exactly do I make lower case?

get rid of the url part and decap the img.
  • Danielle_2013
    Options
    Hanging out with Ghandi and the Dali Lama. Not bad company...but weird that I'd end up there.