W4D1 - did it but my legs ache now

Options
Hi, I got to W4D1 today and managed it but my legs ache really badly now. It could be because I had the flu jab earlier today. Has anyone else had this problem? If so what did you do to ease the pain? I haven't experienced this reaction after my previous sessions. I walk at 4mph and run at 5mph on a treadmill. Thanks

Replies

• msmollygp
    msmollygp Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Make sure to stretch after and drink lots of water. I notice that when I do not stretch out my legs after a run, I tend to get super stiff, sore muscles. I have invested in a foam roller and it has helped tremendously with tight spots in my quads and hamstring muscles. Hope this helps!
  • nillapup
    nillapup Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    stretching is key... lots of water.. and soak in an epsom salt bath if you can...
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Depends where they ache. . .

Delayed muscle soreness is normal during "speed work" which Week 4 resembles. If it's simply delayed muscle soreness, some of my running acquaintances swear by a device called "The Stick" Others use more accessible foam rollers. But again it depends on where the pain is and what sort of pain it is.
  • SueMGordon
    Options
    Thanks for all your replies. I have been drinking more water, but probably not yet enough. I haven't been stretching, so will do that on my next run. I did have a bath (the first in our new bathroom) and felt much better after that, :glasses: :glasses: