Support Section :)

Options
jmeyer925
jmeyer925 Posts: 326 Member
I'd like to leave this open for anyone who needs some support/encouragment/motivation.

Feel free to post away!

Replies

• jmeyer925
    Options
    And I had a realization today... I actually joined MFP the day after Thanksgiving last year. I remember stepping on the scale the next day and thinking, "Oh Lord, what have I done... If I keep up with this I'll be back to where I used to be (about 90 pounds heavier)." Then I downloaded the app, and didn't get on the message boards until a few months ago.

I know now I don't want to come anywhere close to that feelings this year. The day after thanksgiving I want to be thinking, "I had a great time with my family, I got to enjoy the food without going over board, and all the work I've been doing has really made me feel better about myself."

:wink: Just wanted to share why I think this challenge seems so important to me!
  • HalloweenGirl7
    HalloweenGirl7 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Your story is so motivating. :smile:
    And I feel the same way: enjoy family, enjoy food but have a limit.
    It's not a free for all but an opportunity to indulge a bit while still feeling good about yourself.
    The best way for me to do that I think, is to exercise while the turkey is cooking.
    I will get my 2-3 mile walk in, shower and then get dressed.
    I am less likely to overeat after a good workout.
    That's my plan.
  • jmeyer925
    Options
    Working out will be helpful for sure!

And the key is to enjoy the holiday, but not regret it! lol
  • ledard
    ledard Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yep, I have one problem usually, My Grandmother is an amazing cook... that just means she use's stick and sticks of butter but hey it works. On the other hand this year we are going to my Sister in laws house, which is also a great cook but she doesnt go buy wal mart out of all of their butter
  • jmeyer925
    Options
    Yep, I have one problem usually, My Grandmother is an amazing cook... that just means she use's stick and sticks of butter but hey it works. On the other hand this year we are going to my Sister in laws house, which is also a great cook but she doesnt go buy wal mart out of all of their butter

And you can probably ask your sister to make a healthier version for you and others who are interested :smile: