Discouraged but not quitting!

Options
Today I finally got to Level 3 Day 1. I was sick and then busy and I finally had to redo a couple of days of level 2 just to get back into it. I took my measurements on Level 1 Day 1, then again on Level 2 Day 1, and again today to mark the first day of level 3. Ugly statistics. The days off did not help but the biggest problem was unhealthy eating. Gotta get back to healthy eating. No amount of exercise is going to make up for sugar that I don't need.

It was really discouraging to see my weight and body measurements today. But you know, I must honestly say that I am glad that they showed no changes. This keeps me more honest with my food. Why did I think that I could scarf ten cookies in a day and still melt away the weight? I am glad to have the wake up call. I choose not to beat myself up about the past and to use this as evidence of something I need to work on.

I can do this. We can do this.

Replies

• AradiaStone
    AradiaStone Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    You Can Do This! Even if you see no progress in loss, you are still making your muscles stronger, the more you do this the more results you will see. If you find that you are wanting some/alot of unhealthy snacks (who doesn't?!) try and have a cheat snack/meal once a week. Once you train your body to accept and want that move it to once every two weeks. Also push for doing the workout five to six days a week. You always need a rest day for your body to recuperate. Give yourself small goals first and then work towards bigger goals. Soon u will be able to add a small walk in after your shred workout to loosen some sore muscles. Every little bit will help ;) Life is all about the small stuff :):) Good Luck!!
  • jogo8995
    jogo8995 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You Can Do This! Even if you see no progress in loss, you are still making your muscles stronger, the more you do this the more results you will see. If you find that you are wanting some/alot of unhealthy snacks (who doesn't?!) try and have a cheat snack/meal once a week. Once you train your body to accept and want that move it to once every two weeks. Also push for doing the workout five to six days a week. You always need a rest day for your body to recuperate. Give yourself small goals first and then work towards bigger goals. Soon u will be able to add a small walk in after your shred workout to loosen some sore muscles. Every little bit will help ;) Life is all about the small stuff :):) Good Luck!!
  • jogo8995
    jogo8995 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    OOOps! I pushed the button too soon! I wanted to say that this messages is so right and so encouraging that I printed it out for myself to re-read when I feel discouraged. The only way I made it through the 30 Day Shred was with reading the the encouragement of the other participants in the group. I am 50 years old and I have not really exercised in 10 years! I was So weak when I started 30 DS that I could not do a single push -up or hold any weights. My hands and arms alone felt as heavy as lead. I did not lose a single pound or inch doing 30 DS but I am so much stronger! I have strengthened muscles I did not know were weak.( Okay, truth is I could not do a jumping- jack or jump rope move in the beginning without "wetting" my pants.)But now I can keep up with Ripped in 30 week 1 "running man" and stay dry! I have now backed off to do a Jillian workout 3 days a week because I think that pace works better for me. We all get discouraged some times but please don't give up. You are getting stronger in ways you haven't even noticed yet! Don't beat yourself up, You Can Do This!
  • raggyanndoll
    Options
    Thank so much for the encouragement! Today I did Level 3 Day 3 and did well. Tomorrow is my weekly rest day. I remember when I did Level 1--day 3 was lots easier than day 1 or 2. It was mostly the same today--today's day 3 was better than day 1 or 2.

I plan to do Insanity after this and I am glad for the jump training. I truly suck at it (at least I think I do) so it will be great to see day 10 and see how much I have improved.

Those rock star jumps are killers! It is actually very hard to jump up and kick my legs back and still land properly. I feel like I barely get off the floor with my jump. :)
  • mysweetsurrender
    mysweetsurrender Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I am on my second time around with 30 Day Shred with heaver weights and no modification. Just started level 2 today. I lost 6 lbs the first time around but not any inches. Although I do feel stronger and definitely can see the muscle tone.

Keep up the great work and remember: Sometimes, even the smallest changes can make a huge difference and lead to a lifetime of health.
  • raggyanndoll
    Options
    Funny, my results with 30 day shred have been the opposite--I have not lost weight but have lost inches. From level 1 to level 2, I ended up having to buy some new pants.

Today gonna try level 3 with no modifications, even if I have to take a rest. This level is hard on my knees. I figure if I stay in plank position more, it won't be so hard on them.