Stage 1 Substitutions

ezavora
ezavora Posts: 59 Member
I am just getting started and work out at an ill equipped gym. Any suggestions of alternates for seated rows and prone jackknife from workout A? How about wide grip lat pulldown and swiss ball crunches from workout B?

Or, is there a site I can use for substitutions?

Replies

• Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    The book tells you the home substitution for the seated row. For the prone jackknife, I'd buy an excersize ball and do them at home. The Swiss ball crunches from B are totally different at which muscles they work in my opinion. I always felt like a push up and the prone jackknife worked similar muscles, not a crunch.
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    My gym is pretty ill-equipped too and I substituted the machine where you hold yourself up on your elbows and you can either bend your legs up or push them out straight using your body weight instead of the prone jackknife. It's not a machine that uses weights at all but I'm not sure of the name... it's just a stationary thing where you hold yourself up and move your legs up and down. Sorry if that doesn't help at all haha but it uses the same muscles as the prone jackknife