• MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I confess I had a truely awesome birthday weekend

Yay!
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    I confess I am having a case of the mondays which started sunday night.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I confess this thread from the message boards had me laughing today
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1072189-why-man-bits-are-ugly
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    I confess that I just had the most awesome weekend ever. And, since there is no weekend post, I'll share it here. :) It was the last weekend without the kids so the BF promised to make it a good one.

On Friday night we went to a beautiful little Lebanese restaurant. I knew that he was friends with the owner, but didn't realize he had helped with creating the interior. So it was great to see some of his work in person. After dinner we watched Rob Schneider at the comedy club (hilarious!).

Saturday we were recruited to paddle for our favorite Vietnamese restaurant's team in the Dragon Boat Races. We did three heats followed by a lot of food and beer. :)

Sunday we competed in an urban scavenger hunt. It was really a cool concept. You download the app to your phone prior to the event. At 1pm local time, you receive an alert stating "Game On" and all of the missions are available. There were about 40 different missions with different levels of difficulty (and points to match). You snap a picture and submit as evidence. The app keeps track real time so you can see who is in the lead. It closes down automatically at 4pm and then judges review all photos and notify you of the winner by 4pm the next day. The missions ranged from "Find an anchor tattoo" to "Propose to a stranger" to "Sit on a Stranger's Lap while Checking your email"..... just a lot of fun different missions. We didn't win, but it was definitely a ton of fun.
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    I confess that I just had the most awesome weekend ever. And, since there is no weekend post, I'll share it here. :) It was the last weekend without the kids so the BF promised to make it a good one.

On Friday night we went to a beautiful little Lebanese restaurant. I knew that he was friends with the owner, but didn't realize he had helped with creating the interior. So it was great to see some of his work in person. After dinner we watched Rob Schneider at the comedy club (hilarious!).

Saturday we were recruited to paddle for our favorite Vietnamese restaurant's team in the Dragon Boat Races. We did three heats followed by a lot of food and beer. :)

Sunday we competed in an urban scavenger hunt. It was really a cool concept. You download the app to your phone prior to the event. At 1pm local time, you receive an alert stating "Game On" and all of the missions are available. There were about 40 different missions with different levels of difficulty (and points to match). You snap a picture and submit as evidence. The app keeps track real time so you can see who is in the lead. It closes down automatically at 4pm and then judges review all photos and notify you of the winner by 4pm the next day. The missions ranged from "Find an anchor tattoo" to "Propose to a stranger" to "Sit on a Stranger's Lap while Checking your email"..... just a lot of fun different missions. We didn't win, but it was definitely a ton of fun.

Sounds like an awesome weekend.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options

the link is broken, I guess it got locked/deleted - shame! :huh:
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Run that hunt sounds fun!! Is it a nationwide app or local to you?
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

So fun!
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    My boss just bought me pizza and cheesecake for my birthday at work ...And sent the leftovers home with me....
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    My boss just bought me pizza and cheesecake for my birthday at work ...And sent the leftovers home with me....

Mmmmm cheesecake! I think my host (who is awesome - we get along sooooooo well! :happy: ) and I are getting pizza tonight if I get home from the Hinterland early enough.
  • RunIntheMud
    Options
    Jen - What an awesome boss!! :)

B - Sounds like your trip is going awesome!!

Christine - I actually found it through Groupon. It's called Urban Goose Chase and they put on hunts nationwide. It's normally $99 for a team of 6, but we got it for $46. Once we registered we were given an email for friends to sign up anywhere for the same rate, so let me know if you'd like it.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Jen - What an awesome boss!! :)

B - Sounds like your trip is going awesome!!

Christine - I actually found it through Groupon. It's called Urban Goose Chase and they put on hunts nationwide. It's normally $99 for a team of 6, but we got it for $46. Once we registered we were given an email for friends to sign up anywhere for the same rate, so let me know if you'd like it.

Darn it I missed the one here!! Maybe next summer, but it sounds like so much fun!
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options

Dammit, I missed it. It's gone now.

I confess this is my first post in a confession thread. Also that I'm a serial killer.
  • bregalad5
    Options
    I confess this is the first time I've thought, when visiting somewhere, "damn, I think I wanna live here". That's a scary thought for this nomad... :noway:
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    I confess this is the first time I've thought, when visiting somewhere, "damn, I think I wanna live here". That's a scary thought for this nomad... :noway:

haha really? what is it ? the beaches, the weather or the people ?
  • bregalad5
    Options

haha really? what is it ? the beaches, the weather or the people ?

All of the above. It's so laid back and beautiful
  • RunIntheMud
    Options

Dammit, I missed it. It's gone now.

I confess this is my first post in a confession thread. Also that I'm a serial killer.

LMAO.... the first step is admitting your problem.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    I confess that I'm probably gonna play hookie from work tomorrow
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    The guy I would be with if it weren't for the fact that his job is unpredictable and has him constantly moving all over the country, just told me this weekend that if my mom's passport doesn't come in for our trip to Greece, he'll cancel his trip to Jamaica to go with me.

My mom's passport came last night. :ohwell:
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    I am having a day where it would be nice if I could just go back to bed. Started the day by waking up at 4am and not being able to fall back asleep. Then I put facewash on my toothbrush. I get to work and my computer can't keep an internet connection, so I sat on the phone with India for 30 mins trying to get them to say they will send someone out since it was a hardware issue not a software issue as I told them when I called. Now I am currently working on some random computer so I don't have my normal desktop which hinders my ability to work at my normal pace. It took me almost a half hour to find a computer that I could actually log into that no one was using.