I confess- Single Peeps version

Options

Replies

• bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I confess I'm now in Moscow.

Oh cool! What are you there for? Initial impressions?

I have a teaching job here, so it'll be a long stay. Initial impressions, hm, it's rainy and chilly and my room is big! :P
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I confess that comic con ended and I promptly drove to Utah with my sister and Rufio.

SDCC was a BLAST! I cosplayed, met a bunch of cool people, go to hang out with Cesar (when my sister wasn't being a demanding drama queen) got pulled to do a commercial spot for cartoon network (with a few other cosplayers) and made me thoroughly sad that I will be moving and this might be my last one for at least a year, probably longer.

I knew one other rufio. Was she a camp counselor?
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I confess being single sucks when u don't know why you are the only single friendly have.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I confess that comic con ended and I promptly drove to Utah with my sister and Rufio.

SDCC was a BLAST! I cosplayed, met a bunch of cool people, go to hang out with Cesar (when my sister wasn't being a demanding drama queen) got pulled to do a commercial spot for cartoon network (with a few other cosplayers) and made me thoroughly sad that I will be moving and this might be my last one for at least a year, probably longer.

I knew one other rufio. Was she a camp counselor?

Rufio is her dog.
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    It's Labor day and everyone is out having fun, playing sports and I am laid up at home with my sprained ankle. I could go appliance shopping since everyone is having sales but that would mean getting dressed and I only do that to go to work, play sports or go drinking.
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I confess that I wanna be lazy today!!!
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    I confess I am back at work today after 10 days off and they put me in a full day of training.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I confess I really, really hate colds, especially when I can't communicate with the pharmacist because for some reason she doesn't understand me sniffling and acting super congested like I am... :(
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    I confess I really, really hate colds, especially when I can't communicate with the pharmacist because for some reason she doesn't understand me sniffling and acting super congested like I am... :(

That sucks to be in a new place and sick.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options

Im gonna give you an old nursing tip..Everything is over the counter so it may help...... Before bed take. 1 multvitamin 2 vatimin C 500mg, 2 claritin (or benadryl ) 2 tylenol 500mg,and 1 zinc . This usually shocks your system and helps you get over a cold quick ... Nurses use it down here if we feel the symptoms of a cold coming on
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options

Im gonna give you an old nursing tip..Everything is over the counter so it may help...... Before bed take. 1 multvitamin 2 vatimin C 500mg, 2 claritin (or benadryl ) 2 tylenol 500mg,and 1 zinc . This usually shocks your system and helps you get over a cold quick ... Nurses use it down here if we feel the symptoms of a cold coming on

Might not be over the counter in Mosscow.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options

Wowzer!! Great tip Jen. What's 'tylenol'? A painkiller? :bigsmile:
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options

YOu don't have tylenol in ENgland lol.... Its generic name is Acetaminophen
  • 2stepz
    2stepz Posts: 814 Member
    Options

Anna - Tylenol is the US name for paracetamol. :) Can you tell I have Brit friends?
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options

Anna you may know it as paracetamol in the UK!
  • AnnaPixie
    Options
    Thank you ladies. Yes, it's paracetamol here :flowerforyou:

Oh! And I just went out and bought VitC with zinc!! (I have all the others). I have the sniffles coming on! :bigsmile:
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

Oh! And I just went out and bought VitC with zinc!! (I have all the others). I have the sniffles coming on! :bigsmile:

Anna, take those meds and get some sleep! You cannot go into the weekend feeling sick :bigsmile:
  • OperationSuperKAT
    OperationSuperKAT Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I confess that I am so, so, so happy to be where I am!! I attended a faculty recital last night, and I realized that I never knew just how much I took for granted being able to go to concerts for free with top-notch musicians as the performers when I was in undergrad. I felt especially lucky, since I just hired the pianist to be my voice lesson/jury/competition accompanist. She's pretty much amazing!
  • AnnaPixie
    Options

Anna, take those meds and get some sleep! You cannot go into the weekend feeling sick :bigsmile:

Will do, sista! :bigsmile:
  • AnnaPixie
    Options
    I confess that I am so, so, so happy to be where I am!! I attended a faculty recital last night, and I realized that I never knew just how much I took for granted being able to go to concerts for free with top-notch musicians as the performers when I was in undergrad. I felt especially lucky, since I just hired the pianist to be my voice lesson/jury/competition accompanist. She's pretty much amazing!

Awwwww that's SUCH good news Kate. So happy for you :flowerforyou: