a little frustrated

Options
so I was just about to start week three in burn when hurrican sandy came blowing through. I lost power, worked overtime for a while, had a cortisone injection in my knee and it took a few days to get sore. At this point, I am just going to restart from the beginning,,,however, I am frustrated....just venting. I was starting to see good results so much so that a guy at my church told me that I was "looking really petite" and he liked it...lol

Replies

• Larisonlj
    Larisonlj Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I know you're frustrated and I hope you came through Sandy okay. Don't think of it as starting over, you're continuing on your healthy journey.
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    It is frustrating to be interrupted like that, especially with losing power and other stressful situations going on. But that was a great compliment from the guy at your church! Obviously you are getting results, and starting over again is just a chance to improve even more.
  • gxm17
    gxm17 Posts: 374
    Options
    You have every right to feel frustrated! What a terrible, stressful situation you've been through. Glad to hear you made it okay and it's behind you now. Harness any remaining frustration and put it into your workout. You'll feel better right away.
  • bluelena
    bluelena Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    So glad you weathered the storm!

I'm kind of in the same boat. Was just getting ready for week 4 of Burn when I sprained my ankle. GAH. So, I just started over this week. I think it kind of helped that going in, I understood the failure concept, because I'm using heavier weights now than when I finished week 3 the first time.

You've got this! I'm right here with you!
  • Love2lift72
    Love2lift72 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone. Don't get frustrated or bummed about having to start over. Look at it as a great chance to take what you learned last time and make your workout so much better. I am just figuring some helpful things out for burn circuits and now I am done with them. Lol