For those who had first session with PT

Options
jfrankic
jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
I have never lifted with free weights, so I have a session with the gym trainer on Wednesday. I've told her that I have my own program to follow, but I need introduction and orientation, etc for equipment and form. If you did the same, did you actually do your first workout A that day with the trainer? If so, did you still review the moves for workout B, too? Thanks!!

Replies

• AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I have never lifted with free weights, so I have a session with the gym trainer on Wednesday. I've told her that I have my own program to follow, but I need introduction and orientation, etc for equipment and form. If you did the same, did you actually do your first workout A that day with the trainer? If so, did you still review the moves for workout B, too? Thanks!!

Sorry, I wish I had seen this on Tuesday I would have suggested that you look at all of the Stage 1 exercises and review them with her at light weight for form and discussed with her how to keep a log if you are unfamiliar. How did it go?
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    It went great. I went in already warmed up and stretched so we got right to business. We went through all of the stage 1 moves for form with light weights then decided on start weights based on that. It was fast and efficient, just the way I like it!

I just did workout 2 of Workout A and increased all of my weights and already have soreness kicking in, just a few hours later. Oh yeah, loving the soreness!! But not the hobbling like an old lady.

Thanks for the response! I appreciate it.