Anybody still out there?

Options
Janelle173
Janelle173 Posts: 396 Member
I have really slacked this week with staying on plan. I have been more off than not. :/

With that being said, and with only like less than 2 weeks to turkey day...i am gonna stay on the 1st cycle.

I am comfortable there...i don't miss my carbs THAT much and because I have been cheating off and on, i don't think it will hurt me to go back on it for another 17 days. I may sneak in some cycle two day here and there...we shall see :)

You guys still out there? following the program to a T? Loosely following it? Thinking about how you should follow it? lol.

I miss you guys!! Hope you are all well.

Replies

• Janelle173
    Options
    oh, on turkey day btw, i plan on eating normal. just fyi. but not over doing it.
  • jeaninemckinney
    Options
    Hello im still here im still here :-P i also wonder how many r still here and i hope everyones doing well!!! Well as for me ive been pretty damn good and feeling better/smaller just by eating great for a week! Not gonna lie i had a breadstick last night and some sweets this morning but im still eating great the rest of the day and drinking plenty of water and doing the green tea when i dont have running around to do...cuz let me tell ya i cant imagine peeing this often if i wasnt at home!! :-D and there was a few days where i didnt eat nearly enough which normally i like those days lol but as u know on this diet even if you eat all day long its not alot of calories which is wonderful but u forsure need to eat all your meals and snacks!! Ive lost some but nothing like at first...and obviously i dont have as much to lose but still makes me a bit sad!!! Ok i want to hear how everyone else is doing??? Is anyone else still going strong and kicking our butts or r u starting over maybe? Tell your stories here please and we will be here for help and encouragement!!! Happy saturday :-)
  • Janelle173
    Options
    Maybe it is just you and I lol

Iwent off plan and quit working out for the past weekend.

Today *well now yesterday *tuesday* i went back on plan and did day 10 of the 30ds.

I decided to just start over the whole 17 days again. I feel like I get so many carbs and bad foods when i have been cheating that going back on the first cycle for the 17 days won't do me any harm, but maybe keep giving me good results? lol

we shall see.

I am still having trouble getting my water in and my green tea :/ i didn't even drink my lemon water today! so, i need to focus on those tomorrow whn i wake up!
  • LorieLucy
    Options
    I'm here. Doing pretty well. Desparately trying to make peace with imperfection. My biggest struggle has been that my back is not doing so well, so I can't exercise much. And cooking has become even more of a chore. I'm going to various doctors tomorrow and hoping for some relief so I can get back to living life.

It isn't the easiest for me to post to groups because I'm mostly on my phone and the app doesn't include groups. But I'm here. Still here. Still making progress one day at a time.

Thanks for being here too. =]
  • Janelle173
    Options
    I'm here. Doing pretty well. Desparately trying to make peace with imperfection. My biggest struggle has been that my back is not doing so well, so I can't exercise much. And cooking has become even more of a chore. I'm going to various doctors tomorrow and hoping for some relief so I can get back to living life.

It isn't the easiest for me to post to groups because I'm mostly on my phone and the app doesn't include groups. But I'm here. Still here. Still making progress one day at a time.

Thanks for being here too. =]

I am glad you are here and still trucking along. :) i look at your food diaries all the time and find it to be quite impressive!! you do so great!

I am on day 2 again of cycle 1. :) I lost 10 pounds the first time i did it, and that was with my cheating as well and lengthening the 17 days to make up for the cheat days.

after this weekend, i was back up 1.4 lbs, but am hoping to have a good loss over the next 15 days.

I hope your appointments go well. :/ back pain is no fun at all...
  • Laurhop
    Laurhop Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!! I'm here as well :wink:. Haven't had much internet access this past week & I REALLY slacked off & didn't log or workout & didn't eat so faithfully...but I'm still won't let myself give into having sugar!!! lol I'm reminded how much better I feel when I follow this plan!

I have gained back a couple lbs so I'll remain on Ph1 until I'm back @ 189lbs. (2 more to lose). Haven't really even started Ph 2 because of TOM & because I just decided to kind of do my own thing! BUT THAT NEVER WORKS...I always end up gaining!!!!

I've missed you! Glad there are @ least a few of us that can encourage & motivate each other!

Let's keep on track & hope to have some more AWESOME results & more energy & healthier bodies,...

(...Next week I hope to get back @ the 30 Day Shred!!!!)
  • Janelle173
    Options
    Hi everyone!!! I'm here as well :wink:. Haven't had much internet access this past week & I REALLY slacked off & didn't log or workout & didn't eat so faithfully...but I'm still won't let myself give into having sugar!!! lol I'm reminded how much better I feel when I follow this plan!

I have gained back a couple lbs so I'll remain on Ph1 until I'm back @ 189lbs. (2 more to lose). Haven't really even started Ph 2 because of TOM & because I just decided to kind of do my own thing! BUT THAT NEVER WORKS...I always end up gaining!!!!

I've missed you! Glad there are @ least a few of us that can encourage & motivate each other!

Let's keep on track & hope to have some more AWESOME results & more energy & healthier bodies,...

(...Next week I hope to get back @ the 30 Day Shred!!!!)

Awesome!! i am so happy you're still on board!! :)
  • jeaninemckinney
    Options
    Hello hello :-P well for whatever reason if i have something sweet even the smallest thing I need more n more n more lol...its like the worst drug ever for me :-( how sad lol!!!! Other then that ive been eating great but water and tea hasnt been to great the past few days either!! Ggrrr...i wonder how many times i can start the first cycle over ;-) well in a few weeks i have my boyfriends christmas party which is semi formal and i wanted to get a sexy dress this year instead of something not form fitting! This is our third year and every year ive gotten smaller which is awesome but im still not where i wanna be! I always want to be the hot number in the sexy red dress or something lol!! But this year im closer and definitely going to feel better expecially when i stick to this damn diet cuz my stomach feels slimmer and i just feel more confident which is always great! So looks like were all starting over and over on the first cycle which makes me happy that im not the only one so were in this thing together!!! One time we will stick to it so strictly and be so proud of ourselves and actually move to the second cycle which im hoping for me is this time ;-) so lets kick this cycles *kitten*!! Be good for the weekend ladies!!! ;-)
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Hi :-)

I am just starting again today. I have done C1 twice with great success. I encourage you to stick with C1 if it is working. I know I know the book says otherwise. But every time I have fallen off the wagon in cycle 2 because the day on/day off thing is confusing, and the carbs make me hungrier. I am going to do two cycles back to back before Christmas. I really only have around 12 lbs left to lose, so I want it gone fast!
  • Laurhop
    Options
    Hello hello :-P well for whatever reason if i have something sweet even the smallest thing I need more n more n more lol...its like the worst drug ever for me :-( how sad lol!!!! Other then that ive been eating great but water and tea hasnt been to great the past few days either!! Ggrrr...i wonder how many times i can start the first cycle over ;-) well in a few weeks i have my boyfriends christmas party which is semi formal and i wanted to get a sexy dress this year instead of something not form fitting! This is our third year and every year ive gotten smaller which is awesome but im still not where i wanna be! I always want to be the hot number in the sexy red dress or something lol!! But this year im closer and definitely going to feel better expecially when i stick to this damn diet cuz my stomach feels slimmer and i just feel more confident which is always great! So looks like were all starting over and over on the first cycle which makes me happy that im not the only one so were in this thing together!!! One time we will stick to it so strictly and be so proud of ourselves and actually move to the second cycle which im hoping for me is this time ;-) so lets kick this cycles *kitten*!! Be good for the weekend ladies!!! ;-)
  • Laurhop
    Options
    Yes...it's nice we can all struggle through Ph 1 together!! lol! It's GREAT though to hear how your doing & that your tummy is feeling slimmer....AWESOME...& that you're feeling SO much better!!!! It really is amazing how even a few lbs can make such a big difference ( we lose body fat quickly on this diet...have to read more about this again!!)

I know the sugar thing is a CrAzY & annoying addiction for sure...but that's great to hear that you're eating well overall!!!

Keep up the good effort :happy:
  • Laurhop
    Options
    Hi Stephanj!

That's wonderful to hear that you are SO close to reaching your goal!!! CONGRATS! So I'm curious to know more about your troubles with Ph 2, please. Do most carbs make you hungrier & do you find that when you start reintroducing carbs you gain?
  • Laurhop
    Options
    eewe
  • Janelle173
    Options
    hahaha soooooo, :blushing: i am going to be starting cycle 1 again tomorro. lol.

Thursday is Thanksgiving, so, I will be eating Thanksgiving fare. Friday is a day filled with left overs. My goal is to just not over stuff myself...and as far as the really bad for your stuff, just keep it to a min.

But, I am going back on plan tomorrow. :)

I think i am going to do what i said before, stay with cycle 1 for as long as possible. I would like to do a full 17 days with no cheats and then like a cheat day, and then back on it...see if it keeps working for me. idk.

we shall see.:)

i think if we all are using the plan to eat healthier more often than not, we are at least better off than we were. And we need to remember it will work for us if we work it correctly. if we stayed on plan, we would lose even faster...at least that is what logic would tell me. lol

BUT, right now, if this is what is working for us and we are still losing and it helps us at least continue to try and eat healthier instead of just going back to our old ways every single day, then i think we are getting a lot out of it.

After Friday, I would like to do cycle 1 all the way until XMAS eve. (yet ANOTHER food based holiday for us and our fam!) I want to be down a full 20 lbs by the new year. So, i started my weight loss journey at 180. I want to be at like 159, or less to make it a solid 20 lbs by Dec 31.

It would be nice it is was a better number, but I will be ecstatic with at least the 159, :glasses: :bigsmile:

I keep fluctuating between 164 and 165.4 right now.
  • meghanstewart219
    Options
    where do i find this book? is it expensive?? how has it worked for all of you?
  • Janelle173
    Options
    where do i find this book? is it expensive?? how has it worked for all of you?

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_16?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=the+17+day+diet+by+dr.+mike+moreno&sprefix=the+17+day+diet+,aps,646

Search for "the 17 day diet by dr. mike moreno on amazon. :)

It is working, but I am loosely following it lately, and using mostly cycle 1 until i feel comfy going onto cycle 2. since i am following it loosely, i don't feel i need to rush onto cycle 2 :)

It is working for me so far!

It has a dvd you can get with it as well that has some 17 minute work outs. it's good to have (although currently, well, while i am not sick, i have been doing jm 30 day shred)

keep us updated!! :)
  • jeaninemckinney
    Options
    Ok, well internet is back so now its easier for me to get on here and support u guys and hopefully get support aswell...and by support i mean an asskicking for me plz :-) ugh...i dont know what my deal is but i keep half assing this! Not liking it and i keep telling myself tomorrow...tomorrow...tomorrow! I know how mad im going to be at myself if im not smaller n not less wiggly come warmer weather ;-) so im hoping to get my *kitten* in shape here shortly!

Oh and meghan i got the book from my mother in law who bought it from borders...i would assume u can get it from any book store and anywhere online ofcourse! It works amazing as long as u do it right! Its not really hard im just having a harder then normal time sticking with it! I did level one beginning of summer and lost 14 pounds and felt so much smaller and confident! But for the life of me i cant seem to get back the willpower i had before! I was so proud of how strict i was and it wasnt even that hard! And i felt amazing! I just want that again, that confidence! It was amazing! I say atleast try the 17days the first 17 days and if u dont feel so great...smaller and less bloated and just less of yourself then try something else! Its just 17 days of doing something healthy rather then the same old crap thats making u look for another diet or whatever it is ur looking for! I need to practice what i preach thats for damn sure!!

Ok ladies...beautiful 17 day dieters :-) :-) u all have an amazing night and a happy thursday! Start it with ur lemon water and a healthy breakfast and just keep chugging that water and continue to male those healthy choices! We got this! Lets kick *kitten* till christmas then continue on through the new year!!! I have all these wants in my head and i finally need to "do" whos with me???

Goodnight!!
  • Janelle173
    Options
    Ok, well internet is back so now its easier for me to get on here and support u guys and hopefully get support aswell...and by support i mean an asskicking for me plz :-) ugh...i dont know what my deal is but i keep half assing this! Not liking it and i keep telling myself tomorrow...tomorrow...tomorrow! I know how mad im going to be at myself if im not smaller n not less wiggly come warmer weather ;-) so im hoping to get my *kitten* in shape here shortly!

Oh and meghan i got the book from my mother in law who bought it from borders...i would assume u can get it from any book store and anywhere online ofcourse! It works amazing as long as u do it right! Its not really hard im just having a harder then normal time sticking with it! I did level one beginning of summer and lost 14 pounds and felt so much smaller and confident! But for the life of me i cant seem to get back the willpower i had before! I was so proud of how strict i was and it wasnt even that hard! And i felt amazing! I just want that again, that confidence! It was amazing! I say atleast try the 17days the first 17 days and if u dont feel so great...smaller and less bloated and just less of yourself then try something else! Its just 17 days of doing something healthy rather then the same old crap thats making u look for another diet or whatever it is ur looking for! I need to practice what i preach thats for damn sure!!

Ok ladies...beautiful 17 day dieters :-) :-) u all have an amazing night and a happy thursday! Start it with ur lemon water and a healthy breakfast and just keep chugging that water and continue to male those healthy choices! We got this! Lets kick *kitten* till christmas then continue on through the new year!!! I have all these wants in my head and i finally need to "do" whos with me???

Goodnight!!

*le sigh* i am RIGHT there with you girl!! :/ I had a crappy week last week, finally my baby, boyfriend and I are feeling better, except now I have cramps and headaches and all that from TOM. PLUS crazy stress from a really hectic schedule between my internships, finals for my classes between now and next friday, plus i just became a 31 gifts independent consultant and have a party friday and next wed but am not prepared for the at all because i literally just became a consultant and have zero time to focus on all the educational seminars on the site.

ANYWAYS, I keep telling myself "tomorrow" but then it comes and goes. and i am still not eating per the plan.

I am making some better choices more often. that is good.

i also am not working out.

i am not going to commit to getting back on plan until like Thursday of next week. That is my plan. And to rock that out extra hard for the 17 days :) that would take me to dec 23. Also to finish 30ds! i got to day4 level 2 and had to stop.

I just wish that I had the energy to even eat on plan right now. and you are right, it is NOT that hard. but right now, I don't even have the extra brain power to think about all the food i need to take with me to places when i leave (class all day, internship, etc)

ironically, if i were eating on plan, i would prbably have extra energy!

anyways, we can and will do this. i am glad you are back on the net and in here!!! :) missed ya!