30 DAY SHRED THREAD! Hate jillian? Join us!

Options
zacksnana
zacksnana Posts: 3,230 Member
Ok we are starting a 30 day shred post for people to check in when they have done the workout for the day. It is only 20 minutes and starts TODAY!!

This program does work! Enjoy!

Replies

• barbiek999
    barbiek999 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Challenge accepted! That is if it's okay that I've actually already started the 30 day shred a little while ago and today I completed day 7 of level 1 :)
  • Chuckle_n_Dwindle
    Options
    WOo Hoo! Day 2 complete...still struggling to get my stamina (shi7) together. I am stoked!
  • shantelbing
    shantelbing Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Did my first day on friday! Felt Great to do it!!
    I'm taking weekends off because that's when I go visit my parents, so I don't have the time to do it, I have to drive over an hour just to get there so.
    Howeverrr.. I'm really excited to have some other people doing this along with me
  • kaelara
    kaelara Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've been doing "The Shred" aka "my date with Jillian" for 3 weeks now. I've done it before but never kept track of my progress.This time I am doing it in conjunction with MFP, and am having better results.
    Week 1: I stuck with Level 1 all week. The first day SUCKED! The third day was much easier, but I still hated how I could feel my belly bounce up and down with those jumping jacks. Yikes! I only used the hand weights a few times.
    Week 2: Moved up to level 2 because 1 got boring. I like level 2 so much better. I added hand weights the whole time and have seen a drastic increase in my stamina. I hardly have to take a rest. I noticed a big change in my waistline at the end of week 2, but not a huge change in the scale. I haven't done measurements of my waist because I can't find my tape measure, but I'd like to do that.
    Week 3: I stuck with level 2 but have been able to do it without resting at all. I have a hard time with positioning on a couple of the exercises still, but even my walk-out pushups are feeling a bit easier (though still can't do the full pushup). I took a few days off this week due to going out of town, but am back on track.
    Week 4: started today. Did level 2 again because I haven't done it in a few days and felt intimidated by level 3, but I think I'll try 3 tomorrow. Still not seeing a huge change in the scale but since I've started I lost 5lbs.

I have been very consistent with keeping within my calories and doing a workout every day. The days I rest from my "date with Jillian" I do extra brisk walking or other exercise to supplement. Now that I am coming toward the end of The Shred I thought I would see more difference in abs, but I guess there are other ways to measure change. I think I'm gonna keep doing it a while longer, maybe into December? I really like the workout, and the routine of doing it every day after work really helps keep me on track.

I tried to workout in the morning before work once but it felt so much harder and then I was just tired all day. So I'm sticking with my after work/before dinner routine. I usually walk my dogs for a mile before I do it to help me loosen up. And it keeps them from bugging me while I workout. :)
  • zacksnana
    Options
    Great job everyone!!!

Done for today and i am gonna collapse now!
  • zacksnana
    Options
    I've been doing "The Shred" aka "my date with Jillian" for 3 weeks now. I've done it before but never kept track of my progress.This time I am doing it in conjunction with MFP, and am having better results.
    Week 1: I stuck with Level 1 all week. The first day SUCKED! The third day was much easier, but I still hated how I could feel my belly bounce up and down with those jumping jacks. Yikes! I only used the hand weights a few times.
    Week 2: Moved up to level 2 because 1 got boring. I like level 2 so much better. I added hand weights the whole time and have seen a drastic increase in my stamina. I hardly have to take a rest. I noticed a big change in my waistline at the end of week 2, but not a huge change in the scale. I haven't done measurements of my waist because I can't find my tape measure, but I'd like to do that.
    Week 3: I stuck with level 2 but have been able to do it without resting at all. I have a hard time with positioning on a couple of the exercises still, but even my walk-out pushups are feeling a bit easier (though still can't do the full pushup). I took a few days off this week due to going out of town, but am back on track.
    Week 4: started today. Did level 2 again because I haven't done it in a few days and felt intimidated by level 3, but I think I'll try 3 tomorrow. Still not seeing a huge change in the scale but since I've started I lost 5lbs.

I have been very consistent with keeping within my calories and doing a workout every day. The days I rest from my "date with Jillian" I do extra brisk walking or other exercise to supplement. Now that I am coming toward the end of The Shred I thought I would see more difference in abs, but I guess there are other ways to measure change. I think I'm gonna keep doing it a while longer, maybe into December? I really like the workout, and the routine of doing it every day after work really helps keep me on track.

I tried to workout in the morning before work once but it felt so much harder and then I was just tired all day. So I'm sticking with my after work/before dinner routine. I usually walk my dogs for a mile before I do it to help me loosen up. And it keeps them from bugging me while I workout. :)

This is my second time through and i know what you mean about not seeing a difference in your abs.

HOWEVER!

(Now comes the exciting part)!!!!!

I took photos on my cell before starting. In a bathing suit. It was a HORRIBLE photo and i knew i would never wear that suit in public.

I kept going for 30 days, slowly working up to level 3. I really could not see a difference in my abs but noticed the under arm jiggle was gone. Woooohooo! I decided to take another photo at 30 days in the same suit and was STUNNED. My stomach was at least 5 inches smaller!! How the heck did i not notice that??? Seriously!!!!

So just because it happens slowly and gradually does not mean it is not happening. It just means you may not have noticed. So keep up the great work!!

PS - i wore the suit IN PUBLIC all summer!
  • kaelara
    Options

I kept going for 30 days, slowly working up to level 3. I really could not see a difference in my abs but noticed the under arm jiggle was gone. Woooohooo! I decided to take another photo at 30 days in the same suit and was STUNNED. My stomach was at least 5 inches smaller!! How the heck did i not notice that??? Seriously!!!!

Good point! And ROCK ON with the amazing progress you've made!!! :D Are you still doing The Shred now? If so, do you stay on Level 3 or do you change it up and switch between the levels to keep it interesting?
  • zacksnana
    Options
    I kept switching it up between level 2 and 3. Sometimes i would do 1 and 2 back to back! LOL i would die if i tried that now!!!

I have taken a break and did swimming a lot. So i am starting over at level 1.

Guess what guys? The arm jiggle comes back if you stop doing jillian. :mad:
  • kaelara
    Options

I bet Jillian has that programmed into our muscles so that we have to keep obeying her indefinitely! :laugh:
  • zacksnana
    Options

I bet Jillian has that programmed into our muscles so that we have to keep obeying her indefinitely! :laugh:

Yes. Makes me mad!!
  • I'm going to start this soon too! I did a few days once but got busy with work but no more distractions!

LETS DO THIS.
  • shantelbing
    Options
    Finished day two today! Loving how it makes me feel about myself, that I can actually do it, being exhausted by the end, cannot wait for that to change
  • shantelbing
    Options
    Alsooo
    Just wondering if anyone knows how to track the exercise with Jillian, Do I have to put each exercise in individually? Because if so I'm not going to track it lol
  • Chuckle_n_Dwindle
    Options
    Whoever wants to try join the Jillian maddness can! My MFP friend just posted a sale on goupon for Jillians DVD's

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/794729-jillian-michaels-dvds-on-sale-at-groupon-com
  • Chuckle_n_Dwindle
    Options
    Alsooo
    Just wondering if anyone knows how to track the exercise with Jillian, Do I have to put each exercise in individually? Because if so I'm not going to track it lol

I created it under the exercise tab within 'my exercise, created it and viola...I plug in whatever I have burned on my HRM. Hope that helps ya...
  • zacksnana
    Options
    Alsooo

Everyone posts it under circuit training.
  • shantelbing
    Options
    Alsooo

Everyone posts it under circuit training.

Okay yeah, that makes sense and definitely sounds like the easiest way to do it, haha
  • kaelara
    Options
    Shred update from today-- someone posted about another Jillian workout called "burn fat boost metabolism" so I found it on youtube and gave it a whirl, just to change up the pace a bit. Holy. Crap. It's like doing Shred 3 for an hour. Don't get me wrong- it's WAY more fun. You get to do all the kicking and punching your stressful job demands, plus you burn a gazilion more calories. Downside- IT'S FREAKING HARD. ha ha

I think I'm gonna do this twice a week instead of the Shred just to keep it interesting. If you use the youtube videos they are free. I made a new playlist and added them all to that (there are 7 segments) and it plays them all consecutively. Plus, the minute it takes for each one to load allows for a MUCH needed break. If you want help doing this, message me and i'll send you my playlist. :)

Tomorrow: Shred 3. Should be cake compared to BFBM.

(mmm.... cake...)
  • zacksnana
    Options
    Let me know what you think of level 3. I found level 2 the hardest and was sooo happy at level 3 !
  • shantelbing
    Options
    Didn't complete day 3 today, I really don't know if I can do it every day.. it sure does take a lot of work! Hopefully I'll be able to work my way up to it soon!!