Weekend encouragement

Options
Holdenke1
Holdenke1 Posts: 137 Member
I really messed up this weekend. Had a party for my niece and there was so much food. People brought food - chips, dips, cake, sodas, margarita mix, cheese and meat tray, sushi. And since it was at my house, I have all the left overs. And I ate some of everything - today and yesterday. So this means Monday is going to be very difficult. Help!! :sad:

Replies

• doit2013
    doit2013 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I know how hard it is to resist food like that...I probably would have eaten it all :)

Keep your head up and continue on-Monday is another chance to do it right!

If you haven't yet tossed the left overs-I would definitely do it...I had to toss out a whole bunch of Halloween candy because I simply couldn't stay out of it :(
  • Holdenke1
    Options
    I know how hard it is to resist food like that...I probably would have eaten it all :)

Keep your head up and continue on-Monday is another chance to do it right!

If you haven't yet tossed the left overs-I would definitely do it...I had to toss out a whole bunch of Halloween candy because I simply couldn't stay out of it :(

Thanks for the encouragement. I will toss some of the left overs, although my husband will eat the ham. The only other thing is the chips - bags and bags of chips. I do need to get rid of those (I think that's what did the most damage) - maybe my son will take them.
  • Holdenke1
    Options
    So this is my first major holiday since I've been on MFP. I think I did alright because I ate just a few bites of dessert. There were probably 20 desserts at my son's house! :noway: Skipped the white potatoes and dressing and gravy. All sounds good, right? Well, we brought home leftovers and I proceeded to stand in the kitchen with my other son and husband, and we sampled everything, including dressing and I had a sliver of dessert. :sad: Needless to say, I gained a pound. I'm doing ok today and yesterday. I think I should do ok tomorrow. Going on a hike. Monday I will weigh and record it officially.

How'd ya'll do over the holiday?
  • doit2013
    doit2013 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big pie fan, so resisting dessert was not hard for me. Mashed potatoes and stuffing are my faves...I didn't try to resist...I indulged, but didn't over do it. I am having trouble staying out of leftover carbs, so they'll go in the trash today. I also think I'll restrict my carbs a bit today and Mabel tomorrow to make up for the carb fest that was this weekend :)