Did something new, now need advice

Options
2»

Replies

• DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    I dont see how the two can be confused.

I see how things can be confused. Things often need to be spelled out as explicitly as possible.

Only 7% of meaning comes from words.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options

I see how things can be confused. Things often need to be spelled out as explicitly as possible.

So how else would you spell out "would you like to go for coffee/drinks?"

And how on earth could that sentence mean "I'd like private lessons for my children!"

I know you said that only 7% communication is written DM, and I tend to agree that it's easy to misinterpret a lot over the internet, but in this instance I really can't see how the two could be mistaken?
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options

And how on earth could that sentence mean "I'd like private lessons for my children!"

I know you said that only 7% communication is written DM, and I tend to agree that it's easy to misinterpret a lot over the internet, but in this instance I really can't see how the two could be mistaken?

You guys, I don't think he was confused. If he thinks she and the ex are still together, he was probably trying to let her know that he wasn't interested in being the "other man" without alerting the "husband" as to what was up. He was being tactful, not dumb.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    He's not interested. I think he was trying to save face for both of you by pretending to think you wanted private swim lessons. Sorry honey, but it would just be awkward for both of you if you continued to pursue it after he turned down the offer for coffee. I do agree, next time say it to his face, but this one is a dead end.

this.
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    When you are doing something "illegal", you are trying to leave as few tracks as possible.
    If (and I don't know that) asking for private swimming lessons is "illegal" in the sense that it can cost him his job for accepting, then it would be logical from his point of view that someone would approach him indirectly about having swimming lessons - an under the table kind of thing.
    That's all I can think of...
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options

I agree with you completely Anna. My point is that stranger things have happened.