Success Stories

Options
First story would be my cousin. I will call her Kay. She is already tiny. 5'3 and about 140 Lbs. Thinks she is fat. Whatever. She did the diet and worked out and lost 5 Lbs in those 3 days and has not gained it back (although while drinking with her and eating a meal we cooked that we found on her Pintrest, she weighed herself and gained .5 Lbs (OHES NOES)).

Replies

• AmberzHeartz
    AmberzHeartz Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Kay's friend did the diet too. She worked out while on the diet and lost 8 Lbs in the 3 days. I have never met this girl so I can not vouch for her height or weight but it worked for her.
  • AmberzHeartz
    Options
    Kay and I have a mutual friend, I will call her Tay, who also did the diet. She is short like Kay. About 5'3 and have had a baby so she has a bit more she could lose. She did just the diet and did not work out and lost 5 Lbs.
  • AmberzHeartz
    Options
    Now, if you look at my friend's success stories you will note that no one I know lost all 10 Lbs but working out seems to improve your weight loss (DUH) and the more you have to lose the more you will (DUH^2). If anyone else has tried or knows someone who has please let us all know. I know I will post my results when I have them. First I have to get the food. I will also update you on the results of round 2 and 3 from Kay and Tay when I have them.
  • AmberzHeartz
    Options
    My personal story is not exactly a success. Day ! I was with my BF and did not eat all day until I got home at 5:30 pm and went out drinking and truck stop food the night before (or morning of, depending on how you look at it). I crammed in all the food I was supposed to eat that night. over like 2 hour stretches. All was good until dinner. I was starting to get sick but I thought I was going to fight it off. Yesterday it hit HARD and I ended up cheating by eating things like Popsicle that made my throat feel better and taking meds and drinking tea with lots of lemon and honey. This morning I go the bathroom and notice (sorry for the TMI) that my time of the month is starting. YAY! Even after all that I got on the scale and lost 4 Lbs. I will be trying this again and sticking to it!
  • My wonderful success story is that after eating exactly what was on the menu (which I have posted the one I got online below from 2 different sites), I felt energized and wonderful. I did rearrange things on the menu, but I ate every thing it said to and I took 2 hours at least between meals and I did not go to bed til many hours after eating. I did NO workouts and I did NOT drink more water than I normally drink on a day to day basis. I plan to eat smaller portions than I usually do on the days I am off and to add veggies and fruits to my plate. I AM going to do this again and welcome anyone to join me! However, my friend was doing this with me as well and says that she had dizziness, stomach pain, headaches, and extreme sleepiness and she ended on day 2 with a five pound weight loss. Her symptoms could have been from lack of caffeine, not enough water, not enough calories, or trying to exercise with not enough calories. I do not know, BUT FAIR WARNING!

Anyways, I weighed this morning and lost a total of 12 pounds in 3 days!

Day 1:

Breakfast- Half Grapefruit, 1 piece toast, 3 tbsp peanut butter
    Lunch- Half cup Tuna, 1 slice toast
    Dinner- 2 slices any meat (3oz), 1 cup string beans

Day 2:

Breakfast- 1 boiled egg, 1 piece toast, half banana
    Lunch- 1 cup cottage cheese, 5 saltine crackers
    Dinner- 2 hotdogs, 1 cup broccoli, half cup carrots, half banana, half cup vanilla ice cream

Day 3:

Breakfast- 5 saltine crackers, 1 slice cheddar cheese, 1 apple
    Lunch- 1 boiled egg, 1 slice toast
    Dinner- 1 cup tuna, 1 cup beets, 1 cup cauliflower, half banana or half cantaloupe, half cup vanilla ice cream

It says after three days you eat normal but do not over do it and after four days start back on the three day diet, so 3 on 4 off 3 on 4 off kinda like that...says it works on chemical breakdown and is proven. also says: salt n pepper may be used but no other seasonings allowed.

Some food on the 3 Day Diet menu may not appeal to all. In these instances, substitutions may be made. For instance, the one cup of tuna may be replaced with one cup of cottage cheese. An orange can be substituted for the half a grapefruit. Frozen yogurt is an obvious substitution for the nightly scoop of ice cream. Cauliflower, broccoli, green beans and cabbage are interchangeable, as are carrots and beets; likewise one piece of toast may be subbed for the Saltines.
  • Txxxxy
    Txxxxy Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, no excuses, you have inspired me to give this ago. I would like to lose a stone and the try and maintaine my weight with the 5:2 diet. Have a heavy weekend coming up, as we are going to the boat show, so the whole weekend will be a wash out with trying to control food intake. So going to get in the provisions for the diet so start first thing Monday, as you say no excuses.
  • So round 2 proved beneficial as well! Though I didn't lose as many pounds as I did the first time, I still was happy to see another 6 pounds gone! I'm hoping that the reason I didn't see as dramatic details is because of my womanly reasons this time. Anyway I feel like 100 times better about myself now. I can see my stomach shrinking and feel lighter most days. Losing weight has encouraged not only my immediate family, but also other members of my family and a lot of my friends to get active if nothing else. On 3 of the 4 days I am not on the diet, I make sure to take a walk to keep what I am eating from really effecting me.

As far as my friends go... the first friend who followed exactly like I did lost 6 pounds. She was impressed and feels lighter and already fits into clothes better. I believe she might try this again with me.

The second friend lost only 4 pounds by following the other plan to eat more (at least on the first day). I do not know if she wavered in what she ate beside that. She will not be doing this again because she claims it's too few calories. I say... it's a DETOX! Thankfully she lost more weight a few days later. Maybe because of the workouts she was doing or maybe it just took that long to catch up with her. I can not say.

I think it helps lose weight faster if you stay away from the salt and pepper all together like I did, but I know some people can not do all that. It does seem like your system gets cleaned out around day 4 or 5 as well.

Tomorrow I will be starting on round 3. I have lost 18 pounds in 14 days already this year! I can not wait to be to my goal weight and thank you for the encouragement to know others are reading my posts!
  • So after Round 3 of the 3 Day Diet, I have decided that it has worn out its usefulness to me. I have not quit and completed all 9 days of this diet in the 3 weeks that I have completed it. However, it was a bit of a disappointment to get on the scale and see that I weigh the exact same as I did the last time I stepped on a scale. Don't get me wrong, I am completely happy that I lost 18 lbs. I think however that my body has gotten used to these foods and it is no longer a detox. I am glad that this jump started my weight loss and I plan on figuring out what else will work for me. I welcome others to try this and see how it helps them. I will be checking every now and then to see how other people ventured. Good Luck!
  • carolina_24_pink
    Options
    congratulations on your success, ladies! i did this diet once but only lasted for 2 days. i gave up on the 3rd day because my head was hurting (lack of sugar, maybe?). however, i lost 3 pounds! i want to give it a second shot to hopefully lose more. know this thread is a little old but i'll keep you posted on my results, i'm starting sometime this week.
  • hopestobelost
    Options
    18 lbs.! In 3 weeks! That is awesome! Of course you're going to plateau after that! You should give it a few more weeks. I would be interested in seeing what a few more weeks would do for you. I'm starting it for the first time tomorrow. I hope it works as well for me as it did for you.
  • andyxbear
    andyxbear Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    So after Round 3 of the 3 Day Diet, I have decided that it has worn out its usefulness to me. I have not quit and completed all 9 days of this diet in the 3 weeks that I have completed it. However, it was a bit of a disappointment to get on the scale and see that I weigh the exact same as I did the last time I stepped on a scale. Don't get me wrong, I am completely happy that I lost 18 lbs. I think however that my body has gotten used to these foods and it is no longer a detox. I am glad that this jump started my weight loss and I plan on figuring out what else will work for me. I welcome others to try this and see how it helps them. I will be checking every now and then to see how other people ventured. Good Luck!

Congrats on the 18 pounds lost!! What was your diet like for the 4 days you were off the 3 day diet? Did you eat a lot more? Do you think anything would have triggered you to not lose extra weight? Just curious! I'm starting the 3 day diet tomorrow with two friends. I'm going to stick to my calorie goal MFP gave me for the 4 days I am off the diet and if I end up eating more calories, then I will work out to burn them off so that I am back to even with my goal. I really want results with this!