Finished C25K and jogged my first 5K

Options
grum84
grum84 Posts: 428 Member
Saturday was my first 5K ever. I was nervous about it, but also ready for it as I had just finished C25K earlier that week.

My main goal was to just finish the race under the 45 minute mark, and possibly not be the last person to finish in my age group (this was secondary).

As fate or luck would have it, my official time for the Turkey Trot just posted on the site was 39.00 AND I was 49 out of 51 males between 25-29. I knew I came in under 45, as the clock said something around 42, but didn't know my actual time from start line to finish line.

The race was a bit harder than I had expected, with a couple of nasty hills that just took it right out of me. Jogged til 23:30, walked 1 minute, jogged til 30:00, walked 1 minute, jogged to end. So maybe my next race I can take that walking down to only a single 1 minute interval. Either way I am excited and telling everyone.

For those of you just thinking about starting, just started, or in the midst of the program somewhere...just hang with it. It may seem overwhelming some days, but just stick with it.

Replies

• Littlegurl
    Littlegurl Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Great job! I love running because there r always new goals and struggles.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    GOOD FOR YOU! CONGRATS!
  • NatashaRuz
    Options
    Congratulations!! :) Keep it up and can't wait to hear about your SECOND 5K :D
  • Ajasper83
    Ajasper83 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Great job! Saturday was my first race as well and I cannot wait to run in more.
  • yogaga1
    yogaga1 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Good job!!!
  • jrtcw
    jrtcw Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Brilliant. Inspiring to hear about people's success. Thank you for posting.
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic! I am trying to make myself start the C25K, even have the app on my phone, but so far have been a giant baby about it!!
  • MzCara148
    MzCara148 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Great job finishing and even better that you met your goals!!