Is this considered to be normal?

Options
braves1girl
braves1girl Posts: 189 Member
Hey ya'll! I am in a dilema...I have gained a total of 10 official pounds since I started my reset and cut. :grumble: I have been "blue" for a while with stuff going on in my personal life. I have been able to get in at least 2 workouts a week, and sometimes 3. I have been at this for 3 weeks. I know that most of it is due to my poor eating habits lately. But in reading the posts and stickies, I'm wondering if the 8 weeks I spent doing my reset was long enough. :huh:

I am really close to being back to the negative self-talk. I look in the mirror and I see just a plain ol fat *kitten*. I worked out tonight and I felt great. You know, strong and confident. But because I haven't been able to work out 3 days a week, I feel like I wasted this time. In case you are wondering...I'm a perfectionist. I should be able to do the 3 workouts - no excuses. But I seem to keep making them.:embarassed:

I will say that last week felt like it lasted a month. On Nov. 6th a precious 15 yr old at our high school went to be with Jesus after a 5 mo battle with a very aggressive cancer. She won. She isn't suffering any more. But it has been hard on the entire community. And to top that off, my brother-in-law and his family came down for a visit, and a long over-due issue came to a head with my father-in-law. I can see all sides...It's very taxing.

I'm back on track. I just felt like I owed it to the group to explain my lack of...well, I have just sucked the last 3 weeks! This group/website has helped me more than you'll ever know. So, in turn, I felt like I owed it to ya'll to explain my lack of drive, motivation, etc.
:drinker:
Thanks for listening . Have a good one!

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Hey ya'll! I am in a dilema...I have gained a total of 10 official pounds since I started my reset and cut. :grumble: I have been "blue" for a while with stuff going on in my personal life. I have been able to get in at least 2 workouts a week, and sometimes 3. I have been at this for 3 weeks. I know that most of it is due to my poor eating habits lately. But in reading the posts and stickies, I'm wondering if the 8 weeks I spent doing my reset was long enough. :huh:

I am really close to being back to the negative self-talk. I look in the mirror and I see just a plain ol fat *kitten*. I worked out tonight and I felt great. You know, strong and confident. But because I haven't been able to work out 3 days a week, I feel like I wasted this time. In case you are wondering...I'm a perfectionist. I should be able to do the 3 workouts - no excuses. But I seem to keep making them.:embarassed:

I will say that last week felt like it lasted a month. On Nov. 6th a precious 15 yr old at our high school went to be with Jesus after a 5 mo battle with a very aggressive cancer. She won. She isn't suffering any more. But it has been hard on the entire community. And to top that off, my brother-in-law and his family came down for a visit, and a long over-due issue came to a head with my father-in-law. I can see all sides...It's very taxing.

I'm back on track. I just felt like I owed it to the group to explain my lack of...well, I have just sucked the last 3 weeks! This group/website has helped me more than you'll ever know. So, in turn, I felt like I owed it to ya'll to explain my lack of drive, motivation, etc.
    :drinker:
    Thanks for listening . Have a good one!

So do you have your TDEE calculated for the realistic obtainable week of activity, or the unrealistic not sustainable week of activity?
    That could be a 500 cal difference?

It would be better to do the TDEE estimate on normally sustained workout. If you get an extra one in, eat an extra 200 call after the workout.
  • LoveLiveLift
    LoveLiveLift Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    First off, ((Hugs)). I'm not one of your friends on here, but you seem like you could really use a hug.

Second, I tend to agree with Haybales. Maybe you need to rethink your calories and eat extra if you workout for that 3rd day, but not have it planned into your cal intake.

Hope things straighten out for you soon.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    So do you have your TDEE calculated for the realistic obtainable week of activity, or the unrealistic not sustainable week of activity?
    That could be a 500 cal difference?

It would be better to do the TDEE estimate on normally sustained workout. If you get an extra one in, eat an extra 200 call after the workout.

This, make sure your calculations are for what your currently doing as overeating will obviously make you gain quicker.. adjust as needed for your current circumstance.

I know how it is to have the added stress of tragedy on your shoulders, but keep your head up and don't give in and you will get past it.
  • braves1girl
    braves1girl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Thanks ya'll! :flowerforyou: I went back on Scooby and recalculated my TDEE and all that stuff with my current weight :sad: but kept the same 3-5 hrs of exercise/week, cause that's pretty accurate. Got a question, and I know it's probably been asked a zillion times :ohwell: , but it's ok if I stay between my BMR and 15% cut right? Just as long as I don't go below my BMR. Cause my 15% cut is about 100 cals more than I have mine set at. But I haven't stuck to that in the last week, it's been over, so that's not why I've gained. I just want to make sure I'm in the right "zone".

Thanks again for your help and support! :smile: It means the world to me! :happy:
  • holleysings
    holleysings Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I did an 8 week reset first too. I did a 15% cut for one month and lost no weight. So I decided to reset again. I'm going to reset until January 1st before I try to cut again. Clearly, my body needed more time. I have a fitbit, so I know within reason that my TDEE (2800-3500 calories a day) is accurate. You might want to consider doing the reset again as you mentioned in your OP. That will get you through the holidays and then you can reevaluate.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Thanks ya'll! :flowerforyou: I went back on Scooby and recalculated my TDEE and all that stuff with my current weight :sad: but kept the same 3-5 hrs of exercise/week, cause that's pretty accurate. Got a question, and I know it's probably been asked a zillion times :ohwell: , but it's ok if I stay between my BMR and 15% cut right? Just as long as I don't go below my BMR. Cause my 15% cut is about 100 cals more than I have mine set at. But I haven't stuck to that in the last week, it's been over, so that's not why I've gained. I just want to make sure I'm in the right "zone".

Thanks again for your help and support! :smile: It means the world to me! :happy:

If your body thinks the 15% cut was already at the max of allowed before it responds by slowing metabolic functions, then eating below will give no benefits and just cause it to be slower than need be.

The 15% is the best start to discover if your body finds that amount threatening. It's a goal to hit, not stay under.