Am I doing it right??

LishieFruit89
LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
Hey

I've been a lurker here for a bit but I FINALLY started the program this past Monday, yay!
I had to do substitutions for the prone jack knife and swiss ball crunch since my gym doesn't have any exercise balls.
I think my subs are alright. Instead of the prone jackknife, I'm using the piece of equipment that has the back pad & arm rest (that you just hang on) and doing what I call "up and outs", currently just "ups" lol. And for the swiss ball crunch, they've got this "Ab Glide" thing which I used this AM with 2 5-lb plates on it. Are these decent subs? I'm probably going to start doing the crunch & jackknife after I get home from work (roughly 12 hours after I go to the gym).

But my bigger question is how long should this take?
I read someone's post either here or on the main forum that when they do it, it takes 90 mins...
Like Monday and today, with my cardio warmup, stretching, and then the workout - it was about 50 mins.
Should it take longer??

Replies

• bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    No, it shouldn't take longer. When you get into the later stages of the program is could take 90+ minutes to complete if you're doing a proper general warm-up, the exercise specific warm-ups and a cool-down/stretch after the lifting. Don't worry, sounds like you're doing great! Keep it up!
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    I had to make almost the exact same substitutions because my gym doesn't have exercise balls either. And it is only taking me 35-45 minutes to complete the whole workout in stage 1 so I'd say you're on the right track :)
  • allikat819
    allikat819 Posts: 125 Member
    I agree with everyone else. Stage 1 workouts were relatively short. I'm on stage 5 right now, and these take me about 90 mins, and a bit longer on days that include HIIT. That's if I'm taking the full rest period (which I usually do, because I'm working HARD).