Special Method or Diet?

Options
2»

Replies

• heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I have been eating TDEE minus 20% and am trying to get 25% calories from protein. ETA my goal is to keep as much of my muscle as possible while I lose.
  • RainbootsToBikinis
    RainbootsToBikinis Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Plan - I have a bodybugg which lets you set weight loss goals and time frame so I updated that to get a burn goal and a calorie goal, so I'm going to do my best to stick to those as much as possible, and when I can try and exceed the burn goal to give me some buffer for Thanksgiving and Christmas

Food - Working really hard to eat as clean as possible, reduce eating out, and keeping my protein high.

Exercise - A combination of weight lifting and cardio. Weight lifting and HIIT first thing in the morning, and then some light cardio in the afternoon (walking the dogs, or a bike ride). Though the afternoon "workout" is more for fun than weight loss benefits.

I think the accountability of this group is awesome.

I need to lose 1.8 pounds a week to hit my first goal of 11 pounds, and 2.6 pounds a week to reach my second goal of 16 pounds :)
  • SikNessVixen
    SikNessVixen Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Well being a BBW it puts alot of strain on my body when i try working out so i've stuck to jus watching what i eat. i call it Natures Raw Diet. i eat anything and everything tht can b killed or grown. i don't eat anything processed and sugar is a big NO NO. MFP has been a huge help to me. Before starting a diet n using this as a tool i wntd to better understand what i was putting into my body. So i contuied to eat like i always had been, and i saw exactly why i had gotten as big as i did. With some research of my own i figured out a simple n easy way to eat n never feel like im depriving myself from anything. First thing and most important I believe tht helps keep me on track... A good nights rest (7-8hrs). Never skip Breakfast, i know sometimes i get up and im rushing for work, eating a piece of fruit will hold u off long enough to not make a bad breakfast choice. I go 3 -4 hours between meals. This is my Eating schedule ur welcome to use it Breakfast 7-9, Snack 10-12, Lunch 1-3, Snack 4-6, Dinner 7-9
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    Well, I have an eating disorder so I don't restrict or count but instead focus on Intuitive Eating. I'm eating for health, not for a diet, and that's why my goal is only 7 pounds. My method involves having a lot of clean, healthy food choices available at home, packing a selection of appropriate foods for work, and eating small meals every few hours when I feel hungry. I make sure to eat a lot of lean proteins and avoid empty calories. I also enjoy Shakeology a few times per week.

I am working out 150-200 minutes per week with a combo of walking, running, swimming, and 30 Day Shred. After NYE I will go back to heavier lifting, the Couch 2 5K program, and hill intervals to train for the hiking that I do in the warmer months.
  • lauriem1966
    lauriem1966 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm doing weight watchers....I signed up a few months back for 6 months so right now I'm counting points and calories on here. The points make it seem easy but I don't want to be calculating those forever so I joined here a while back but didn't actually start logging my food until I got my fitbit.
  • brittyboo07
    brittyboo07 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    loving some of your responses! My big downfall is the weekend. I tend not to log my food and then have to go back and do it on Monday. Which means I am usually over my calories! So this weekend I am going to try and really keep up with my food log.

If you have a smart phone, download the app. My boyfriend has learned to accept that the at first sitting down at a restaurant or for a meal, I must record what I plan to eat. Having it on the phone makes it very easy

Funny thing is I have the app! I just got into the habit of oh I will do it later kind of thing. Now its the first thing I do unless i put it in ahead of time!
  • brittyboo07
    brittyboo07 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I focus on eating low-carbs...It has worked for me!! What works for you all!!

I am doing no carbs after lunch. No carbs = no bread, pasta, white potatoes, rice thing big carb items.
  • sweetd_cali
    sweetd_cali Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I'm on the last week of Jillian Michaels Body Revolution, so my goal is to keep moving forward towards my goal. I need to do more cardio now to lose the fat. I built a lot of muscle and strength with JMBR.

I don't deprive myself, I just eat sensible portions and track EVERYTHING. I would like to incorporate more fresh veggies in my diet though.
  • PacificSunsetXO
    Options
    Shoveling? LMAO! :tongue:
  • susanelizabeth1988
    Options
    I'm doing Herbalife. I know it's not for everyone, but it's really helping learn to eat clean without starving my body of nutrients (I have had problems with food for 20+ years). I am able to try new foods at my own pace and retrain my brain :)
  • HaylzNZ
    HaylzNZ Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    For me? the thing that works the most is the diary/log of my food.
    And making sure I update it as I go throughout the day, its very revealing.

A diary without calories helped as the first step, however once I started with this site and VERY pleased to see it has NZ foods, it was even more revealing, and I can be more accountable.

But I think the thing that made the most impact on me overall is that I had to stop, and tell myself that I need to take charge and responsibility for this.