Finally getting it....

MoCrafter
MoCrafter Posts: 20 Member
Hello,
I have been type 2 diabetic for about 7 years now. I was able to control it with diet and exercise for the first few years. Then in May of 2011, I realized that I couldn't do it alone anymore. I am now on one blood pressure pill a day and 2 metformin a day. I kind of just gave up and the A1c shot up to 7.2. Then at the end of September, my dh said we should both start eating healthy and lose weight. I also have a gluten intolerance. So I gave up all wheat products, started eating healthy, and exercising. So far I have lost about 14 lbs. I had already lost over 10 lbs when I found my fitness pal. (I love this site, by the way.)

I had my bloodwork done last week. A1c has gone down to 7.0 and everything else was good. This was after only about 6 weeks of trying to do better. :) I work out 5 days a week for at least 1 to 2 hours each day. I do lots of videos, Richard Simmons, Leslie Sansone, Jillian Michaels, etc. I also have a stationary bike. I try to ride 30 minutes 3 times a week on it. Recently I have started in the beginning kettlebell routine. I don't have a kettlebell yet, so I am using hand weights, but I am getting quite a workout. I bought a HRM last week. It is a Polar FT4. I love this thing.

I have at least 65 lbs yet to lose, but I am now under 200. That was a very happy day for me. I am 54 years old, been married for 35 years, mama to 5 grown children, and grandma to 5. I love to hand quilt in my spare time. We live out in the boonies in Missouri. I welcome anyone who would like to be friends with me. I have found that I do better when I have support. It really feels good to know that I can do this and I will!

Replies

• mamajenb
    mamajenb Posts: 53 Member
    Sounds like you are making some wonderful changes. Welcome to MFP.
  • Sarah0237
    Sarah0237 Posts: 14 Member
    Hi

I think you are doing an awesome job. Thanks for sharing your wieght loss and sugar control journey.
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    You are on the right track, keep up the excellent work!