Day 1 of the challenge

Options
FIRST DAY CHALLENGE:
MEALS:
Breakfast:
2 slices of toast w/2teaspoon of low-fat cream cheese, peanut butter, or fruit spread

1/2cup of fruit
coffee/water/tea

Snack: 1 apple or orange 4 pecan halfs or 14 peanuts
water/tea

Lunch: salad green 2-3 cups w/2 slices of turkey or ham, 1 tablespoon bacon bits or sunflower seeds, 2 tablespoons of low fat dressing
coffee/tea/water

Snack: 2 part skim mozzarella cheese sticks
water

Dinner: 4oz of fish, 1 1/2cup of green beans, 1 slice tomato (small bake potato or sweet potato you can have this instead of dessert) or take the potato away and have a pear with 1tsp of carmel

WORKOUT:
30 jumping jacks, and 10 crunches
feel free to more if you like. try to repeat and make it a at least a 30 min workout
In no way shape or form am I a fitness person or pretent to be this is just a challenge to help other to get start.
:drinker:

Replies

• La_dolce_vita_222
    Options
    This is exactly what I needed - some motivation. I just posted on another forum about how depressed I am feeling about being overweight. Well, a little bit about me - I am 5 feet, 185 lbs and experts say that I need to get to somewhere around 114lbs. I want to join this group so I can stay motivated and possibly some day motivate others. Mrs. Jones, how did you calculate how many calories you need to eat? And how did you lose all that weight already - it's really WOW!

Since in my time zone, today is practically over. I will keep day 1 as tomorrow.
  • mrsjones30
    Options
    Hi, nice to meet you, sorry I had been on here to get started I was waiting for it to be a large group and wow i can't believe the out come...I have lose my weight by working out everyday and eating right...I take my boys with me and we go hiking and they take me running through it we challenge each other we race we do a lot, when were at home we workout on the we my childeren love to challenge me so those are my biggest motivater when I say not to day they say i knew you was scare....lol so then i have to take them on......lol hope that this group will help you reach your goal.
  • La_dolce_vita_222
    Options
    Thank you! sounds encouraging...I just heard about a reunion towards end of December...a huge motivation for me to get moving!!! You sound a like a fun mom. Kudos to you! I'll post how I do today shortly...
  • boilerbabe69
    Options
    I actually thought I had missed the 1st day. I'm so glad to see the menu. I am a creature of habit and tend to eat the same things over and over just because it's easy. I have been encouraging my friends to make their diaries viewable by friends just to get some new ideas. I love the challenge already. It felt great when I saw the day 1 post. Let's go peoples! Lose some weight!
  • boilerbabe69
    Options
    I am curious, how do you add your weight loss scale to appear at the bottom of the your posts?
  • La_dolce_vita_222
    Options
    I actually thought I had missed the 1st day. I'm so glad to see the menu. I am a creature of habit and tend to eat the same things over and over just because it's easy. I have been encouraging my friends to make their diaries viewable by friends just to get some new ideas. I love the challenge already. It felt great when I saw the day 1 post. Let's go peoples! Lose some weight!

Yay! excited to see the enthusiasm!!! Yes, lets get healthy! I had the same question about the progress bar at the bottom. Will sure make me more disciplined...knowing lots of people are seeing how I progress. About the food diary - Since I am not from the US, my menu would vary a lot. But I'm watching calories and am going to try eating carbs in moderation - that's my challenge. Good luck!!!