Increased calories and scale starting to move

Options
rachmass1
rachmass1 Posts: 470 Member
I recently purchased a bodymedia fit and it says I burn between 2,200 and 2,400 calories most days so I started basing my cut off this as opposed to the Fitbit, and lo and behold, the scale is moving downward!

Replies

• Marge321
    Marge321 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Good job on that !
  • hannydee
    hannydee Posts: 246
    Options
    Great job! Just out of interest, was the Fitbit average burn higher or lower than your BMF?
  • rachmass1
    Options
    The Fitbit says I burn on average 500-600 calories LESS a day than the BMF. I thought the Fitbit was measuring low but guess the BMF might be high so I am simply splitting the difference and eating 10-15% lower than the average. I have upped my daily calories from around 1600 to around 1800 most days, sometimes much higher (had a couple @2000). I have lost two pounds since doing this. I had plateaued for two months and previously had lost only two pounds in two months so thought there was something going on. I have also started juicing again, something I wasn't doing because of the extra calories that don't help with satiety for me. Maybe the juicing of veggies is helping too. Certainly helps me feel better.
  • jmzz1
    jmzz1 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I have upped my calorie intake to ny BMI but gained 300gms ... do not know y.... have increased mt calorie past one month since mt weight has reached a plateau... any advice plz
  • rachmass1
    Options
    BMI or BMR? I am simply trying to eat below my TDEE consistently and by 10-15% if possible. I think it is working but I haven't done a vLCD in over 15-years so didn't need a reset. I do think I was under eating though because I was hungry all the time. What has been really difficult for me to calculate is the expenditure from walking at work (treadmill desk) 3-hours a day most days. It counts, but not like a real walk. I see the results on my butt though, which is definitely shrinking. Maybe you need to eat more?
  • rachmass1
    Options
    I have upped my calorie intake to ny BMI but gained 300gms ... do not know y.... have increased mt calorie past one month since mt weight has reached a plateau... any advice plz

Most days you are eating between 1200-1300 calories. What is your height and weight and activity level?