Question about frequency

Options
tidesong
tidesong Posts: 451 Member
This may seem like a stupid question, but I've never really seen it discussed: Is this program intended to have you do the workout every day? 10 days straight of Level 1, then switch to Level 2...10 days of that, then switch to Level 3 and 10 days of that? Not clear if there are supposed to be "rest" or "easier" days...but perhaps that's all person-dependent?

I've also been told that one should keep doing separate cardio in addition to this video. Any input on this?

Thanks. I'm a total n00b to this program. :)

Replies

• yaafee
    yaafee Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I did it on the weekdays then took the weekends off to do other activities. I try to walk after dinner in addition to the program. If Ivey to the gym early enough, I try to squeeze in 15 minutes of elliptical after 30DS video. Hope that held. Push yourself but don't hurt yourself.
  • missabeez
    missabeez Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on doing it every other day :)
  • brittanyholocker
    brittanyholocker Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have started the 30DS plenty of times and never manage to get all the way to day 30. This time around I have set up a schedule to make it easier to stay motivated. I plan on doing the program M-F, then doing yoga, pilates, or some other sort of strength training on the weekend. I also plan on gradually increasing the weights that I will be using to really challenge myself.

As far as cardio is concerned, I'm not really sure how to approach that. I was thinking about combining 30DS with the C25K program, but I'm not sure if that would be getting in over my head or not.

I think ultimately the decision is up to you. I would suggest setting a pace that is easy enough to follow along with so that you won't get discouraged, but that is also hard enough to challenge you and push you to work hard.

Hope that helps!
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your input, ladies! Good ideas all around. I'll have to play around and see what works for me, I suppose! We shall see. :)
  • want2ba10again
    want2ba10again Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi, I joined the 30 day shred, too. Today is my second day. I plan on doing it everyday for 30 days. Of course, if I happen to miss or need a day off, that's fine, but my intentions are to do the full 30 and see what results I get. I don't have any plans to do other workouts but if I do that will be a plus in my book.
  • tropaze
    tropaze Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    When I did it before I took the weekends off, I plan to do that this time too. I also do Zumba, but that's like . . . my love! There's nothing wrong with doing other exercise, but I would still make sure that you take a day or two and make sure that you have some time to rest (or some exercise that's not really stressful on the body).
  • AliciaStinger
    AliciaStinger Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure you're supposed to do it every day, and do each level in 10 days.

I've been thinking about this: as soon as I stop doing this, I'll probably gain weight and get out of shape again -- and I know I'm not going to want, let alone be able to do this seven days a week forever. Instead of doing this seven days a week and actually getting done in 30 days, I was thinking about doing it 4x/week. I was also thinking about doing each level until it stops being a challenge. Right now, level 1 is hell on Earth, so it might take me a while to get to that point, lol.

THEN AGAIN...I would LOVE to be toned and fabulous as soon as realistically possible, and if I don't do it seven days a week (or close to it) I won't be keeping up with the rest of the group. I think this time around I'll do it in the 30 days. Next time I'll make it my regular workout routine, and try a harder video or a new workout (like running) when level 3 is as easy for me as it is for Jillian's sidekicks! ;-)