Mini-Challenge Thread

Options
KCrandi
KCrandi Posts: 125 Member
I'm going to post a daily mini challenge here. Check back daily to see what we'll be doing! :)

Replies

• tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I'll definitely check, but I think I'm going to be very challenged as it is! LOL!
  • KCrandi
    Options
    Mini-Challenge #1

Drink your 8 Cups of water today!

You need water for digestion.
    Water is required to moisten food (saliva), digest food (gastric secretions), transport nutrients to and from cells (blood), discard waste (urine), and dissipate heat (sweat). Water is a major component of the muscles and organs; about 60 percent of a male’s body weight and 50 percent of a woman’s body weight is water

For your own good.
    Gold stars for those who complete! :)
  • missabeez
    missabeez Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Mini-Challenge #1

Drink your 8 Cups of water today!

You need water for digestion.
    Water is required to moisten food (saliva), digest food (gastric secretions), transport nutrients to and from cells (blood), discard waste (urine), and dissipate heat (sweat). Water is a major component of the muscles and organs; about 60 percent of a male’s body weight and 50 percent of a woman’s body weight is water

For your own good.

Its also good if you have a cold, like I do at the moment. Gotta stay hydrated no matter how aweful the water tastes right now.
  • KikiG1991
    Options
    Good challenge. I usually get stuck at about 6 cups of water. I really need to get better with it.
  • kristieprn
    kristieprn Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Done! It's hard to remember when I'm busy so it was a great challenge!
  • tropaze
    tropaze Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I drank that much today! I usually don't get that much on the weekends anymore, something new to shoot for.
  • JDavis352
    JDavis352 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Good challenge. I usually get stuck at about 6 cups of water. I really need to get better with it.
    Me too! I use to be such a huge water drinker. Now I barely get enough in..
  • dancerom
    dancerom Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    done. ;-)
  • KristieWat
    Options
    Done!
  • annamtrx
    annamtrx Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Mini-Challenge #1 : Drink your 8 Cups of water today!

You need water for digestion. Water is required to moisten food (saliva), digest food (gastric secretions), transport nutrients to and from cells (blood), discard waste (urine), and dissipate heat (sweat). Water is a major component of the muscles and organs; about 60 percent of a male’s body weight and 50 percent of a woman’s body weight is water

For your own good.

Do I still get a gold star if I drank the 8 cups, but lost every one of them to the flu? I think this challenge was a bust, even though I met it... :sick:
  • Ashsmith07
    Ashsmith07 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Done! I find if I get the bigger poland spring water bottles and add mio, I end up drinking like crazy without thinking about it. I'm at 16 glasses so far today, had 16 yesterday, too.
  • KCrandi
    Options
    Sorry I dropped the ball today and didn't post a mini challenge. I'll have a GREAT one posted tomorrow to make up for it :)
  • KCrandi
    Options
    Mini Challege of the day for Wednesday November 21:
    Do something today that is inconvenient.

go out of your way to take the stairs when there is an elevator available.
    Park at the far side of the parking lot.
    Walk to the convenience store 3 minutes away instead of driving there.
    Cook your supper instead of grabbing a take away.

Do something that is a chore amongst itself for the day :D
  • circuspixie
    Options
    oh yay! lastnight I met a friend for coffee & decided to walk to the cafe instead of drive! :) I didn't even log the walk (aka jog- as I was running my usual late) :)
  • kristieprn
    Options
    I walked down to the warehouse at work to retrieve something rather than call for delivery. And I walked a friend's prescription to the employee pharmacy so it would be ready on discharge. I also had to run to he parking lot for an emergency call and ran up the stairs 3 times. Yeah, I work at a hospital lol.
  • KCrandi
    Options
    I went to the mall and walked around for a few hours to admire all the pretty christmas decorations rather than looking at a flier or online :D haha
  • dancerom
    dancerom Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    smile... I didn't check this thread till now ( and it's already Nov 22 here...) but I actually walked home today about 2 miles. Usually I either go by bike or i take the bus... but today I decided to walk. And it fits your challenge ;-)
    Good night every one!
  • Ashsmith07
    Ashsmith07 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I parked at the far end of the parking lots today even when there were spots up close so I could walk a little extra :)
  • usernamekelly1
    usernamekelly1 Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I haven't check this until today, I got a sickness bug and like someone before me having a hard time keeping stuff down, I have been drinking about 100oz so way past the 64 (8cups), yesterday I was picking my kids up from school and almost got a lift up (it's over a miles uphill to the school) but I walked as I wanted the exercise.

I haven't started the shred as yet hopefully if my stomach feels better later, I'll do it today which means I'll be still get it done before Christmas :)
  • kristieprn
    Options
    I went to the mall and walked around for a few hours to admire all the pretty christmas decorations rather than looking at a flier or online :D haha

Great idea!