Dang

Jhmokwa
Jhmokwa Posts: 12 Member
I was too excited to wait until tomorrow, so I started yesterday. It was definitely tough, but I felt good and confident. I didn't die.

Tonight's workout was brutal. My finace did it with me, and I kept saying "I swear it wasn't this hard yesterday. I swear."

Hang in there girls. We will get through! I am dreading tomorrow, but am excited to shop for a cute Christmas Eve outfit in a dress size smaller!!

Did anyone else struggle with Day 2? how was going into Day 3?

Replies

• AmyByExample
    AmyByExample Posts: 422 Member
    I did day 2 today. Have a feeling tomorrow may be a bit tough. The one that always gets me is going from jumping rope to jumping jacks. My calves are en fuego!
  • Jhmokwa
    I'm the opposite. I look forward to the cardio. My arms are my weak link. The push ups and side lunges are the worst!
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    You guys are scaring me! I'm starting tomorrow. :) Was going to continue my cardio every day, too, but I think I'll switch to cardio 3x/week and doing 30DS 6 days a week.
  • KCrandi
    KCrandi Posts: 125 Member
    those side lunges get me EVERYTIME hahaha.... I think it's because I'm at a point that I know I'm SO CLOSE to the finish line I justwant to be done. I LOVE the way they break it up so you aren't doing all of your strength training in one chunk, then ALL of your cardio in another chunk and ALL of your abs in one chunk. I would NEVER be able to finish! SO EXCITED!
  • kristieprn
    kristieprn Posts: 18 Member
    My day went to he11 and I was contemplating not doing it tonight but now that I have y'all I will.. After hubs gets home because the kids want to "help" aka crawl through my legs when I'm in any squat stance!!!
  • Jhmokwa
    You definitely feel good after you finish. Can't wait to check in on results :)
  • I did day 1 early this morning. It was hard but not impossible. Afterward, I went about the rest of my morning, then went to work this afternoon. Here I am at the end of my day, and my abs and arms are telling me that tomorrow morning is going to be dreadful, but I will do day 2 anyway.

And it seems I need to do Kegel exercises. Never have a problem when I run, but oh those JUMPING JACKS are just hateful. Hmmmmm. I guess giving birth to 4 kids finally caught up with me ;)
  • Raw_Bean
    Raw_Bean Posts: 293 Member
    I was a little sore waking up this morning but tackled day 2 like a champ! okay not really but I got through it just fine. I have a feeling tomorrow morning may be a little tired.

my trouble spots:
    -i cannot do the same amount of push-ups, but I put all my effort into them. i'm heavy so I am hoping that overtime these will get easier.
    -the jump rope!
    -and lunges, but only because I cannot balance so well!

What is your secret to staying upright during lunges?
  • AliciaStinger
    AliciaStinger Posts: 402 Member
    I HATE JUMP ROPE! I like jumping rope, but that little bouncing on the floor thing pretending you're jumping rope...it burns. OWOWOW. Day 2 is going to be really hard with all this pain and stiffness. x_x

Good luck to you all!
  • traceface71
    traceface71 Posts: 45 Member
    I finished day 2 today and didn't hate it as much as yesterday. I'm sore, all over sore, even the sides of my boobs are sore! I'm guessing there's some sort of muscle in there that I never knew existed...Lord knows what will hurt tomorrow. I just keep telling myself "it's only 20 min...I can do this!"
  • dancerom
    dancerom Posts: 174 Member
    Hi Raw Bean

One of the secrets is, to use your abs to stabilize and keep your balance.
    Another one is to really bring your booty back and down and bend in your hip joint.
    And the last one I can give tonight is: look forward. Don't move your head (and eyes) up and down.

Good luck and let me know, if that helps!
  • KCrandi
    KCrandi Posts: 125 Member
    Phew! Today was an interesting work out.

I waited until later in the day than I was planning on to get this done,
    And when I was just about to do my 2nd circuit of Ab work, My cat stepped on my remote and shut it off :(
    I tried to fast forward, but I could only go 10 seconds at a time and it was taking forever.

I did the last cycle and cool down ALL BY MEMORY, and I remembered all of it!

I got through it :)

I'm feeling stronger than yesterday!

How were your days?
  • Jiminy crickets. Tuesday did not go so well. It seems this 30-day thing is not quite in sync with my little old body. I will do day 2 on Weds, as I have another every-other-day workout that I am committed to and refuse to give up. There was just no way I could do both after that Jillian Michaels lady beat me to a pulp on Monday. Good heavens, I was sore in places I didn't even know had muscles. Wish me luck. I will need it.

And yes, I've been Kegel-ing myself silly all day today... hoping for no more surprises when I do day 2 in the morning.
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    For me, Tuesday was actually easier than Monday. No idea why. But today? Ow ow ow ow ow.
  • Raw_Bean
    Raw_Bean Posts: 293 Member
    Hi Raw Bean

One of the secrets is, to use your abs to stabilize and keep your balance.
    Another one is to really bring your booty back and down and bend in your hip joint.
    And the last one I can give tonight is: look forward. Don't move your head (and eyes) up and down.

Good luck and let me know, if that helps!

Thank you :)

I was so tired this morning, but I've been staying up late these last two nights too. I was soooo tired, I did put effort in, but I did a lot of the moves with my eyes closed. LOL...that sounds worse than it is. For example...chest flys...some jumping jacks. I did manage more push ups today though!

As for those darn lunges...I will try the suggestion! Thank you for posting that. This morning I used a lamp table to help stabalize (it meant only one bicep curl at a time) but I found it helpful, I could feel the lunge rather than spending most of the time trying to stay balanced!

Going to bed nice and early tonight!