Let's DO THIS!

Options

Replies

• dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    After doing it yesterday my quads feel like they've been hammered on for several hours today. I hurt walking up and down stairs as well as the process of sitting down or standing up. I think I will do yoga and stretching today and maybe a bit of walking.
  • AliciaStinger
    AliciaStinger Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I actually left my warm cozy bed & got this done before work this morning. Good thing, because it's turned out to be a crazy busy day! Let's keep it going!

Hugs,
    Amy ;)

Nice job...this is where I tend to fail: "Yeah, I have to be at work today. I'll work out when I get home." Three hours before I leave work, I'm thinking, "I totally need to do that workout...but then again, I'm under my calorie goal." After work: "man, I'm tired. There's always tomorrow." That's why you're my new role model. I need to get up and do it before work.
  • jazzminx
    jazzminx Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Day one, DONE! Man, I forgot how much I hate the lunges.
  • kristieprn
    kristieprn Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I need to push to do it today. Worked yesterday until 5p, had to head back at 2a, ran home 530a to let hubs get to work. Got the kids up and to daycare and back at work at 8. I meant to leave early but ended up working until 2p. Ok, it's only 27 minutes right? Just keep swimming, just keep swimming.... :)
  • SavvyGurl0528
    SavvyGurl0528 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    The jumping jacks are hard on my knees, as well. I just jog in place and do the jj arm movement. It is in the cardio section, so as long as we raise our heart rate, I think it will work. At least I'm claiming that!
  • missabeez
    missabeez Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    The jumping jacks are hard on my knees, as well. I just jog in place and do the jj arm movement. It is in the cardio section, so as long as we raise our heart rate, I think it will work. At least I'm claiming that!

Absolutely. As long as you are raising heart rate that is totally cool.

Today would be my day 3 but my sicklyness got the better of me and I really needed the rest. Was able to get outdoors for a jog and later a walk, but I didn't want to push myself too much.

So with tomorrow I will be caught up to everyone!
  • tamerashoemake
    Options

Yay! You've just given me a wonderful idea. I will march into tomorrow's workout fearless. Thank you for your creative modification. You just saved me from frustration. :)
  • dancerom
    dancerom Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    The beginning is half of every action. - Greek Proverb

just got this in my daily peace quote email and it makes me start my 30ds. Today I feel like no.... I don't want to... No.... i need a rest.... no.... it's too much.... no... no... no... but I already did my kettle bell training and I felt better after. Then I had an hour rest doing some admin stuff on my laptop and drinking a green smoothie... and now let's start 30 ds and then go for the rest of my day... It's only a 3hrs meeting about restructuring a corporate dropbox, a 120 somatic experiencing session and then 240 min of dance teaching....

But now I did it! I'm done with it for another day. Day 4. They say you need to do something 5days in a row so it get's in your routine... let's hope this is true

Go for it girls! And enjoy!
  • dramaqueen45
    Options
    Day two and after taking a day off of painful stair climbing and sitting/standing I felt like I could go longer on the cardio today. Work at the schools and we had a two hour fog delay so I got it in this morning. I am feeling a little bit more endurance- maybe a tiny bit but it's a start! Keep going, don't give up! I am looking forward to when I will be able to do it two days in a row. Tomorrow is family coming all day long with lots of food so I don't think I'll do anything other than walk in the afternoon since it's supposed to be beautiful outside. But it's something, right? Happy shredding!
  • dancerom
    Options
    Day 5 done. But I had to skip the last 5 min. Not because it was too hard, but because of time management

I had 40 min till I needed to go to work. This gave me a part or nothing dillemma. So I decided on a part. I did it till the first strength of circuit 3. Then I jumped to stretching under the shower and run to teach some french.

So my dance students tonight will get an extea hard warm up and I can make up for the misding minutes ;-)

Habe fun all!
  • missabeez
    Options
    Did day 4 today. Its been 3 hours or so since I did it and this is the first time I've felt it in my triceps and the sides of my back. Though that could have been the result of the cxworks class I did right after. Phew!
  • tamerashoemake
    Options
    Thursday was my day 3 and that Jillian woman didn't get the best of me. I owe it to the wonderful suggestion of using running in place while doing the upper body work instead of regular jumping jacks. Thank you, nice person. It looks like I may make it through the whole 30 days (just a day behind).
  • dancerom
    Options
    done! And because I have only 3lbs dumbbells I did some of the exercises with my 8kg(16lbs) kettle bell... o o...
  • dramaqueen45
    Options
    Day 3 done, even after Thanksgiving meal... ugh, but I got through it! I found that when doing the horrid jump rope move it helps to shift your weight from side to side. It takes some of the stress off of the joints.
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Day 5 done. It is getting easier. It's not easy by any stretch, but *easier*. Sure, still sweatin' buckets and panting like crazy, but it's getting easier. Halfway through Level One. Then I'm sure I'll be in for a major shock as I start Level Two in 5 more days. But I'm pushing through!

I don't know if I'm doing crunches quite right though...I think there might be too much neck involved. Any suggestions? (Other than "use your abs"? LOL!)

I like the suggestion of jogging in place with JJ arms for jumping jack substitution because my knees are starting to be unhappy. Jump rope doesn't seem to be as bad though. But what a great idea for a JJ substitution.

I've also gone from doing wall push-ups to doing knee push-ups. Upped my dumbbell weight today, and only took one 5-second rest.

I ended up getting a thicker-than-yoga-mat mat and still have to put a bit of a blanket under where my sacrum/tailbone hit the floor because of my back issues, but changing the mat has helped a lot.

We're doing it, guys! We rock! :bigsmile:
  • missabeez
    Options
    Day 3 done, even after Thanksgiving meal... ugh, but I got through it! I found that when doing the horrid jump rope move it helps to shift your weight from side to side. It takes some of the stress off of the joints.

I do that too. The jump rope is hard on the calves. I also find that landing with my knees bent brings it into my quads more and helps the calves from getting tired.
  • missabeez
    Options
    Day 5 done. It is getting easier. It's not easy by any stretch, but *easier*. Sure, still sweatin' buckets and panting like crazy, but it's getting easier. Halfway through Level One. Then I'm sure I'll be in for a major shock as I start Level Two in 5 more days. But I'm pushing through!

I don't know if I'm doing crunches quite right though...I think there might be too much neck involved. Any suggestions? (Other than "use your abs"? LOL!)

I like the suggestion of jogging in place with JJ arms for jumping jack substitution because my knees are starting to be unhappy. Jump rope doesn't seem to be as bad though. But what a great idea for a JJ substitution.

I've also gone from doing wall push-ups to doing knee push-ups. Upped my dumbbell weight today, and only took one 5-second rest.

I ended up getting a thicker-than-yoga-mat mat and still have to put a bit of a blanket under where my sacrum/tailbone hit the floor because of my back issues, but changing the mat has helped a lot.

We're doing it, guys! We rock! :bigsmile:

Amazing progress! For crunches, see if you can find a conformable angle for your neck and look and the same spot on the ceiling. It should help stabilize.
  • dramaqueen45
    Options
    Day four marks first day of two days in a row. Not much more endurance at this point so don't know if I'll be ready for level two in six days. Feel like it's bad for my heart to go straight from jumping rope down to the floor for stomach. All other workouts I've done has a cool down so that it's not hard on your heart to go from a lot of movement to nothing in one second. Should I be concerned about this because I thought that was pretty standard.
  • circuspixie
    Options
    I've done 5 days in a row. have a daytrip to Chicago today, so not sure if I will be up for the workout when I get home late tonight- and I'm feeling zombie-ish now.... Slept through my alarm & on MFP while the coffee kicks in- just wanted to check in. I'll be off 2 days now on the 30-day challenge- but I am done w/ 5 days & I am feeling great- I still have to weigh & measure myself too. Perhaps I'll start over tomorrow. Not sure- anyways- I can tell a difference in my body, even though I was a glutton for the few days of Thanksgiving... :) I'm really happy I'm in this group--challenge to keep me motivated & encouraged & accountable! :)
    ~Tanya, aka circuspixie~
  • annamtrx
    annamtrx Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Well... I feel a LOT behind everyone else when I look at our Shredder Board, but... slow and steady can still win *my* race, no?

Day one I was hot, red-faced, like jelly when I finished, taking shaky steps... and when I tried to take stairs the next morning, I almost collapsed! My legs were like rubber, and SO achy. By bedtime, I was sore around the ribs, too.

By day two, I talked my husband into doing the challenge with me (he's using canned veggies as his weights). I wasn't as hot, wasn't red-faced, but WoW... those muscles were screaming!

Day three was even better. I think this is going to be REALLY good for us. I'm still totally feeling it for the whole next day, but it's a good feeling - a feeling of accomplishment! Seven days to go!!

Good luck to all of you. This is for a GREAT cause!