Fats get you jacked

Options
Just noticed a lot of you are talking about keeping protein and carbs high - but thought I'd just put it out there that you should keep your fats fairly high too. Fats are very important for building muscle and should partake 20 to 30% of your macro count.

A useful quote:
"The body synthesizes all of our manly androgens including testosterone from fat. In fact several studies have documented that diets containing less than 10% fat can significantly decrease a male’s androgen production and increase estrogen synthesis. In most cases a diet that provides a minimum of 20% of its calories from fat will also augment a male’s total and free testosterone production."

So, guys and girls, keep your healthy fat intake high and don't exclude them from your macro count - they're just as important as carbs and protein. : )

Replies

• JeremyBenn
    Options
    Just noticed a lot of you are talking about keeping protein and carbs high - but thought I'd just put it out there that you should keep your fats fairly high too. Fats are very important for building muscle and should partake 20 to 30% of your macro count.

A useful quote:
    "The body synthesizes all of our manly androgens including testosterone from fat. In fact several studies have documented that diets containing less than 10% fat can significantly decrease a male’s androgen production and increase estrogen synthesis. In most cases a diet that provides a minimum of 20% of its calories from fat will also augment a male’s total and free testosterone production."

So, guys and girls, keep your healthy fat intake high and don't exclude them from your macro count - they're just as important as carbs and protein. : )

good post actuyally very good post. i consume upwards of 140-160 grams fats/300-400 grams carbs /400-425 protein daily and maintain 255 at 10% on that. dont be afrraid of fats. after all they are essential!!! and by essential i literally mean essential fatty acids
  • AnthonyBarbaria
    Options
    Very true, thanks for the post and I will keep this in mind as I make another push
    to be diligent and gain some lean mass!! Summer is already on the way though
    so I'll have to keep it tight. Fats, Protein, and not too many fast carbs :)
  • BigLadBigLad
    BigLadBigLad Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I had some success on this diet last year when losing body fat, my ratios were 30% protein, 50% fats, 20% carbs