Week 9

Options
pinkakira1
pinkakira1 Posts: 235 Member
Ok it looks like everyone is getting quiet on here. Come on people lets get some chatter. We need to get back on track (I think I might be talking to myself more than anyone). This is the bad week... Thanksgiving.

Just remember we can eat whatever but just try and make the portions small... don't not eat it if you want it have a bite or two. keep it small...

hit that veggie tray hard. You know it burns calories to eat celery?

Keep yourself accountable. Just think about working off all those extra calories. Is that pie really that good to run for 2 hours to take it off?

Just don't eat till your so stuffed you feel sick. small bites and chew alot!

Drink tons of water that day... fill your belly with water!

Eat on a small plate you will be less likely to pile it on and if you do pile it on it will be less piling :)

I noticed coffee really curbs my cravings. Watch the salt too... Lets wake up and don't worry be happy! Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Don't forget Christmas is right around the corner... I can taste the snow in the air and smell the pine trees... ok I can't I live in Florida but I see the palm trees???

Replies

• patsyanne
    Options
    Great motivational talk. I need it. Hope you are able to follow your own advice. It is good advice.
    WATER
    SMALL PLATE
    TASTE EVERYTHING BUT TAKE MORE OF THE VEGGIES AND FRUITS
    TURKEY IS GOOD
    GRAVY I CAN DO WITHOUT
    PIE...A SLIVER
    NICE WALK IF POSSIBLE

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Be thankful that you have food, have will power, have the ability to walk.
  • loischapman
    Options
    love this Patsy, hope your thanks giving was good. Back on somewht of a track today, have a great day!
  • loischapman
    Options
    This is really great advice thank you so much. I hope your turkey day was great and that you made great choices. i feel as though everyone has been pretty quiet too. I hope we can all from this point begin to support each other a bit more. I know that our lives are busy, I also know that everyone is at least signing on and logging food. Lets try and take a minute more to encourage our Christmas challengers to really give it our all be for the holiday.
  • pinkakira1
    pinkakira1 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    My thanksgiving actually went very well. I was on my feet most of the day chopping and working in the kitchen so I stayed active and munched on celery and pickles. I only ate one meal that day but really loaded up on the veggies and took small samplings of everything else... small sliver of a pie and ate a few bites of my husbands pie so it was not on my plate to eat it.

My hard part was after the meal when I was not around all the family and then I loaded up on stuffing and mashed potatoes but my scale was very kind to me this morning. I gained but not nearly as much as I though I would. I feel like I did good i didn't deprive myself too much and didn't feel like I was on a diet... (yes I used that four letter word!)

How did everyone else's turkey day go?